I think the highest revving car I've ever owned was 6750, on the BMW 745i, 4.4l V8. Or maybe the GTI, shifts around there as well, but you're supposed to shift a bit earlier because it's way down on power past 6500.

The KA24DE in the 240 redlines at 7250, but with my powerband I rarely take it past 6500 :D

I have shifted at 8000 in my Audi, but that's in sport mode doing 60.

The KA24DE in the 240 redlines at 7250, but with my powerband I rarely take it past 6500 :D

How do you not make power up high with the turbo? Run out of flow so it kills efficiency?

With the low power and close gears the extra RPM is helpful.

How do you not make power up high with the turbo? Run out of flow so it kills efficiency?

With the low power and close gears the extra RPM is helpful.

Oh no, it would keep pulling up that high. I couldn't make that turbo run out of breath if I tried. Maybe at 40 psi, but stuff would start breaking before that. :teehee: I was just saying that once the turbo is spooled, the powerband is nice and flat all the way across from about 4200 and up - so no need to keep it in gear and stress stuff when I can grab 4th (so to speak) and have the same power at lower RPMs that are nicer to my engine :)

I shifted here around 6800, but eh it gets the idea. Low four-second 60-100mph ftw :D

FYI volume is brutal so watch the speakers, Galaxy Nexus doesn't seem to like loud noises.

Holy crap. Lol. That would make even my Cobalt cry.

Damn it's time for a higher reading spedometer!

:whoa:

Lol anything over 110mph is right-on terrifying with blown suspension and sloppy bushings everywhere, haha. Have had it buried only twice since I've had it and never maintained the speed

Holy crap. Lol. That would make even my Cobalt cry.

It's fun as hell :D Pleeease can we turbo the miata pleaasee :teehee:

You'd have to have the license plate be MiaTaTa (or would that be borderline gayish haha, even though you hopefully see the corny pun I'm trying to make)