Miata!

BluePanda

Smaller cars are usually easier/cheaper to lighten (and make quicker as result) and are more fun around the bends too.

:D

Especially cars that come stock with double wishbone suspension, front and rear, and are rear wheel drive. Also, barely 2000 pounds helps too.

Because, unlike some forum members here, I prefer to drive my car around turns rather than plow the road. :lol: I looked at a lot of Mustangs but the live rear axle and archaic suspension just left a bad taste in my mouth (though my ears loved them).

I'm gonna be a crappy person and double post. Sue me. :lol:

When I did the transmission and rear end I also dismantled the shifter to re-lube the transmission/shifter turret. The stock shifter has a nylon cup thing to center the ball of the shifter in the transmission as well as a nylon spacer thingy to keep the shifter from rotating in your hand. The nylon cup is cracked and missing an edge and the nylon spacer to keep the shifter from having about 1/2" of play wasn't even there.

So, I went online to find the parts. THEY'RE STUPID EXPENSIVE on their own. As in, $20+ shipped for two little pieces of plastic.

This did not make Waco happy. What did, was that the same vendor on Ebay that sold me the seats has a short throw aluminum shifter with those same nylon parts included for $25 shipped. :lmao: Why even bother keeping the stock shifter when I can replace the whole thing for barely over the cost of the little plastic pieces I needed? :teehee:

Linky: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemNext&item=180889146364&pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&autorefresh=true#ht_4140wt_1017

Call me a ricer but I'm also looking at a header and exhaust for the car. I can get both a 4-2-1 header and a straight-through exhaust (both stainless steel) for $200 shipped. Together they'll save about 20 pounds over the stock parts and give me 10-15 more HP which is a lot on a car with barely over 100 HP stock. I'll have to consult my better half on those though. :lol:

EDIT: Also, I'm getting my dad to send me his old shift knob. He used to have it on his car but he got tired of burning his hand on it in the summer. :lol:

http://www.momousa.com/products/aluminum-sport.html

aluminium-sport.jpg

HELLS YEAH. :D

Muffler is ordered. :lol: It'll bolt right up to the stock midpipe and weighs a good 10 pounds less than stock. :) Hopefully it'll get rid of the nasty raspy note with the stock muffler.

Updated pictures. :) I did a bit of interior...restoration. :lol:

Oh, first, here's the strut tower brace:

2012-05-18_15-32-04_773.jpg

Here's some of the stuff that'll never make it back into the car:

IMAG0416.jpg

The frame might be a bit stiff. :lol:

IMAG0417.jpg

And here are the interior parts slowly transforming from...something...to blaaaaaaaack. :D

IMAG0418.jpg

IMAG0419.jpg

IMAG0420.jpg

IMAG0424.jpg

IMAG0426.jpg