Miata!

BluePanda

The top is getting replaced. :)

Aw. :( I'm keeping the damaged parts on my car as long as they don't hinder performance, for character. :lol: Speaking of character, T45 transmissions have no synchro'd reverse gear, so it grinds no matter what. Trick is to slot it into fifth and then down to reverse, and no grinding! I love small things like that on cars.

I've never driven a car with a reverse synchro...can't say I've ever ground reverse either. :lol:

The top is getting replaced so I don't have to worry about leaks. Kinda important I think. :P

I've never driven a car with a reverse synchro...can't say I've ever ground reverse either. :lol:

The top is getting replaced so I don't have to worry about leaks. Kinda important I think. :P

Mustang T45 trannies are notorious for it. Almost every new mustang owner makes a thread about it on a mustang forum thinking their transmission is dead. :lol:

You could always just caulk it and let it have the crack. :P

Make sure you paint the door and fender edges. They shine through it looks like from some of the 3/4 shots

Yeah we're doing them last. Didn't want to open and close the doors a lot mid-painting.

Is it bad that I already have an obscenely powered drag Camaro, a full bolt-on ZX-6R Ninja on its way out for a ZX-14R...and of all things I kind of want a Miata to set up for Autocross??? :lol:. My little 600 probably makes just as much horsepower, but man do they look fun to scoot around in LOL.

What I REALLY want is what my friend sold...a Fiat X1/9. They are rare and overpriced though :(. His was awesome - it was dropped to the ground and tubbed with a widebody kit and slicks on all 4 corners, fully gutted (one aluminum seat, thats IT!), and had full racing suspension. Obnoxious bright yellow paint with a tacky Scorpion logo on the hood. The thing handled like a go-kart and the little hopped up fiat engine screamed at crazy high RPMs and sounded like a two stroke. Looked ridiculous under the trunk with the twin Weber carbs sticking out...its what gave me the tiny car bug, but I've never actually gotten one. Yes, I know its a giant steaming POS, but they are rare neat little cars!

Edited by Puck