Miata!

BluePanda

Some more progress today - taped off the things we didn't want paint on. :P Got the first coat of paint on (it's going to need 2). We also sanded down the top coat and fixed a few chips in the paint as well.

:D

DSCN2097%20(Medium).JPG

DSCN2098%20(Medium).JPG

DSCN2099%20(Medium).JPG

DSCN2100%20(Medium).JPG

DSCN2101%20(Medium).JPG

DSCN2102%20(Medium).JPG

DSCN2103%20(Medium).JPG

DSCN2104%20(Medium).JPG

DSCN2105%20(Medium).JPG

DSCN2106%20(Medium).JPG

DSCN2107%20(Medium).JPG

DSCN2108%20(Medium).JPG

DSCN2109%20(Medium).JPG

DSCN2110%20(Medium).JPG

DSCN2111%20(Medium).JPG

DSCN2112%20(Medium).JPG

DSCN2113%20(Medium).JPG

DSCN2114%20(Medium).JPG

That's still the old top - we're getting all the painting and stuff done with the old one in place so we don't have to worry about messing up the new one. It'll probably take a full day just for the top install...

Can't you see the duct tape on the rear window? Even Waco doesn't put duct tape on new things. :lol:

Plan is to clean it down and put on the second coat tomorrow. With all the pollen around here we're just lucky the paint dries to the touch quickly. :D

Probably work on some seat mount modifications tomorrow as well -- that much closer to having this thing derivable!! I'm stoked!

I'll try to keep taking some pictures of new stuff for you guys. :thumbsup:

And rides plus it handles great. THe DSG makes the twisties fun.

Awesome progress so far Waco. How hard was it to put the top on?

The DSG is unbelievable. I've got the DSG in a 2009 GTI and it's so much fun! I love the little burble it makes when you shift with your foot down.

DSCN2120%20(Medium).JPG
First coat already looks awesome, the second should look bad ass.

Also I didn't realize the Miata hood had a bulge in it, time for some DIY heat extraction/metal fab on that.

Here is my horrible mock up:

LINK

:P

The cooler the engine bay the better.

Reminds me of that picture of a riced out car with the cold air intake sticking out higher than the top of the windshield. The REALLY REALLY REALLY cold air intake. The colder the better isn't true for engine temperatures. I can assure you that there is an optimal range of temperatures for engines, and if you are under it, it won't run as well or efficiently. If he did need to lower his temps, I'm sure he'd have an easier job getting a better radiator and installing it than fabricating his own cowl hood.

Edited by Onion