No video on any other input once DisplayPort plugged in?

Hey guys, I'm running GTX 460 1GB's in SLI and I've been using DVI and HDMI to get a dual screen setup with my old Viewsonic VX2025WM (DVI) and my Toshiba 32" LCD TV (HDMI). Recently I bought a new Dell U2412M monitor and a DisplayPort cable to go alongside it. When I plug my DP cable into one of the cards, I notice that I get no signal from my HDMI cable no matter which card I plug the HDMI cable into. Is there a reason for this? I've never used a DP cable before so I'm confused as to why this is happening. The main reason I want the HDMI on to the TV is because I have everything in the bedroom so it's nice to move watching movies with the wife on the bigger TV without the need for headphones. Do I have to choose either DP or HDMI or something? =\

The one gtx 460 I have will only do dvi or hdmi, not both , not sure if this applies to your setup.:biggrin:

I could do both HDMI and DVI with my SLI setup. But DP doesn't work with HDMI, but it does with DVI. =\

DP is a pain in the neck. Another "feature" is that when the monitor is switched off, it tells the card its disconnected. So Windows will re-jig all your windows.

At work I have 2 DP displays, and sometimes I like to leave my PC on doing stuff overnight, and just shut the screens off. Very annoying as when you turn DP off, the PC thinks it has no displays. Once you turn them back on, it puts everything on the primary display!

In your situation I imagine you may want to watch a film on the TV, and leave other stuff still open on your main monitor. So you turn off the 24", and bam windows thinks that display is unplugged and dumps all your open apps onto your TV.

My suggestion: Connect the 2412U by DVI. DP is no better in terms of quality. ITs royalty free (I think) but other than that there is no benefit to using it over DVI/HDMI