Sign in to follow this  
Boinker

Project X79

X79 build....I'm jelly :biggrin: Sometimes I wish my 2600K wasn't the OCing beast it was, which would help me justify an X79 upgrade, but it is :doh:

I have known 2 friends who had issues with the Intel boards(LGA 775 and 1366). But, to be perfectly honest, the reason I stay away from them is exactly what you said boinker, they just don't seem to OC as well as the other manufacturers. I like the oxymoron in your last statement though...you know you will push that setup when you get it. You just won't be able to help yourself :evilgrin:

i just reread this and picked out some points. Done be jelly as yours cost half as much.. And sense when have we ever wished for our chips to not oc well.

lol

Well all has not gone smooth sense i have beeb trying to install stuff on the new platform. The first windows installthe old hard drive i was using on the test bench went bad and i lost all the work i did. Damn. The second installation the 50gb revo drive was filled before a single.update was done so that would indicate an issue. Stability tests passed just fine and after the new os the thing bsod's all over the place so im going to do the os install for the third time... Lol and hopefully things will start smoothing out soon. Oh well. There is always rma.

Well all has not gone smooth sense i have beeb trying to install stuff on the new platform. The first windows installthe old hard drive i was using on the test bench went bad and i lost all the work i did. Damn. The second installation the 50gb revo drive was filled before a single.update was done so that would indicate an issue. Stability tests passed just fine and after the new os the thing bsod's all over the place so im going to do the os install for the third time... Lol and hopefully things will start smoothing out soon. Oh well. There is always rma.

Maybe there was already an os on the revo, that would account for the drve beibg full ???:dunno:

You kniw i did not think about that but i will bet that is the issue at hand. Ill do a better format on it theb go from there.

Thanks a bunch spike. :D

You kniw i did not think about that but i will bet that is the issue at hand. Ill do a better format on it theb go from there.

Thanks a bunch spike. :D

Secure erase is your friend.

Doing just that right now. Maybe i wont have reminants of the old os causing issues now. Lol. Got everything in the case tonight so im doing the re-re-re-reinstall. No pics just yet but sooner or later i will post up.

Ok. Trying again. Same crap. I dont understand what the heck is going on but i checked and the original install is suppose to be no larger or have a min system requirment of 20gb for a 64 bit os.... Firmated the ssd and formated it in windblows to see what hapoens. At least the screen freezes have ceased sense then though.... What a weekend...

Ok. Saying screw it now. Ordered a larger mushkin ssd and will install windblows on it when other crap gets here. Ill use this revo drive for a future folding build. Till then its retired...

which mushkin ssd? they just had a sale on the 120gb ones for $99 at the egg. I enjoy mine but asynchronous nands are horrible when it has data on it.

Its the 120 gig sata III chronos from mushkin. Got it off the egg for 108 dollars. Its a trade off as my revo drive would have better response but this way i can easily throw a 3rd gtx480 in without any pain of using a wd spin up drive. Loose a little speed for good storage... It will be ok.

Yep. Just need to take the waterblock off and in it goes. I also have some heat sink conversion bolts coming for the prolimatech megahalems and a d14. Going to steal bishops d14 if he will let me. Make a contabution to the various temperature thread.