Project X79

Boinker

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks bishop. Wish i could hear back from cokeman soon.

To the forum... Whats the issue with everyone and intel boards. I mean i can understand people not liking them but i would like a justifiable reason why not. I have seen in the past that alot of the other manufactures have gotten better stable clocks out of there boards but in the reviews cokeman has done its only been a 100-150 mhz difference between the intel and other board. If that is the case i will gladly sacrafice 100-200 mhz for a pci config that is more suited for me and my needs. Please do post regarding.

Im not really wanting to shoot this thing to 5ghz but you never know. Imatweeker. Lol

X79 build....I'm jelly :biggrin: Sometimes I wish my 2600K wasn't the OCing beast it was, which would help me justify an X79 upgrade, but it is :doh:

I have known 2 friends who had issues with the Intel boards(LGA 775 and 1366). But, to be perfectly honest, the reason I stay away from them is exactly what you said boinker, they just don't seem to OC as well as the other manufacturers. I like the oxymoron in your last statement though...you know you will push that setup when you get it. You just won't be able to help yourself :evilgrin:

Well if all else fails the least i have is an awesome mouse pad... I want a window applique with the skull for my hafs window. Hang that on the wall of shame.

Well yu are exactly right. Being an overclocker sucks sometimes. Especially when over 800 goes up in smoke.... I miss my p6t7 already.

Is that board out of warranty?

No but yes. I didnt realize it until it was too late but The serial number got ripped off while uninstalling a waterblock. Asus refused to warrenty it..

Edit: now that i think about it the processor may be under some sort of warrenty. I would have to take it apart to find out. Maybe the processor has a burnt contact somewhere.

The reviews on bad egg are not great with that board, not that that means very much.:evilgrin:

The X79 board from Intel is not bad when you drill down into it. I'm just more partial to others that have a more robust power delivery system and feature set. Performance wise they do quite well.

This is the board Intel keeps giving out to case modders :lol:

It's solid on specs, great on price and people just don't trust it for the simple reason that Intel hasn't every really been big in the motherboard market.

But at the sacrifice of some ports you have some pretty cool features like wireless b/g/n and Bluetooth 2.1 oh and there is a blue skull :D

IMO, Intel makes some relaible and durable low and mis end boards, but I highly doubt over the prolonged overclocking availability of their high end board.