Stonerboy779

Galaxy S3 Opinions

As long as the bootloader gets unlocked by the time the GSIII is out I'll keep the OneX, but if its still locked down and not hacked yet then I'll just trade it for the GSIII.

Lol typed that too soon, looks like they just got a permanant root on the ATT OneX - and its a simple One-click as well without having to manually push files with adb :) Only took two days!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1644167

The SIII actually has a fifth core that does all the work, that's clocked at 500mhz I think. The other four are only there for really demanding tasks- games and similar. Even video is hand,Ed by the fifth as soon as the initial decoding takes place. So you actually end up with a fair whack of battery life. Just my input.

Terga 3 has the 5th core the Sammy Quad Core doesn't have the 5th low power core. What it has instead is a die shrink.

So at full load ie if you game lots the the sgs3 should last longer. However if you just text lots then the One X should last longer but there isn't that much info out on the battery life yet for either.

@Puck that's awesome news enjoy :thumbsup:

http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_s_iii_vs_htc_one_x-review-759.php

This review just solidified my choice :)

Trying to sell my, ipod, camera and phone atm and I am going to pick up the 32 or 64GB version depending on price. I really hope the 64GB version doesn't attract too much of a premium.

Benchmarks, camera, video, battery life, performance, screen viewing angles, contrast and daylight viewing, all of it pretty much the gs3 either held it's own or just nudged ahead. It's nothing to upgrade to from a One X but it is definitely something to consider. Personally the issues with style aren't there for me, in fact I dislike the style of the camera on the back of the one series. The UI may suck but well what do people use roms for :lol: always customize the shiit out of my phones.

Now here is hoping for good pricing, the one x is at $650 so if the 16gb, 32gb, and 64gb sgs3 models come in at $600, $700 and $800 respectively, I could probably live with that.

Well since Verizon isn't getting the One-X, the One Series at all for that matter, I guess the The Galaxy S III will have to be my next phone, unless they get some kind of good windows phone.

The Wolfson DAC is confirmed which is nice will make for some pretty good music while on the go. One thing that is yet unconfirmed but a possibility is USB audio and USB DAC support.

Will need to decide USB dac or USB to spdif converter, I am thinking the USB to spdif converter hooked up to the audioson bit ten D I hope to get myself for my first car.

One X battery is the best of any phone I've had since my Blackberry days. It is phenomenal. This is due to the aggressive memory management of ICS coupled with the Sense 4.0 power saving mods. Even on auto brightness with LTE and GPS on I get awesome use out of it. This is over 14hrs of mixed usage with 38% left.

Bootloader is still locked, but they are making progress on an unlock. The way they are being blocked from unlocking has been discovered, and they are working on a workaround. If its cracked within the next 2 weeks or so I will keep it...if not, then I will most likely return it for the very similar GS3.

post-14548-0-10378900-1337490072_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Puck

Puck I thought they already cracked the bootloader. What happened?

Also that aggressive memory management has been complained about because it was killing things a little too aggressive for some. Although I do believe it is reasonable to assume the AT&T version does that differently too.

Why would you need such a powerful phone its more of an overkill situation. how do you think the dolphin emulator will work on this? :P QUAD CORES it just kills my HTPC lol

Why would you need such a powerful phone its more of an overkill situation. how do you think the dolphin emulator will work on this? :P QUAD CORES it just kills my HTPC lol

Why do you think I need multiple thousands of dollars of audio gear in my life? I just do, its my passion and if you can find me a phone that performs excently and quickly across the board and can also support the same storage capacity as the gs3 with the same or better audio playback (the wolfson DAC is nice :) As well as possible USB audio support) then I may consider it.

Some people spend more money for the best experience. I myself have no qualms spending money like this from time to time because after all it's not like I am wasting money on things like drugs, alcohol or smoking. Why not waste it on tech and audio gear which are things that I can keep and use so my money isn't just going down the drain.

And what do you mean your quad core kills your htpc?

And have you also checked the battery life? If you think the quad core is needlessly draining battery (well it is a bit :lol:) however the die shrunk and battery size mean it has a rather respectable and long battery life.

Umm yeah course dolphin would work why wouldn't it?

Yep, worked fine to unlock my bootloader. Flashed CWM but haven't tried a Rom yet. Probably going to run vanilla ICS then strip it down myself.