How to ship a X58 CPU

Well I finally sold my i7 950, and I want to mail it tomorrow with my Nh-D14.

The issue is that I do not want to damage the gold pads on the chip. I have been reading websites that say to use anti static foam. Since I do not have any anti static foam, I was wondering if anyone has a more.....Macgyver approach?

It's pretty hard to damage a CPU with no pins. A static bag wrapped in some foam would be perfect.

:withstupid:

and it would be safe and sound inside with the cooler's original box(i hope you still have it), there's room enough the way i looked at it with someones unboxing. add bubble wraps at the sides for added protection.

It's pretty easy, just put it in an envelope wrapped in an anti-static bag wrapped in bubble wrap, then put my name and address on it and put it in the mail box. :evilgrin:

A static bag first then wrap with three or four layers of corrugated cardboard perpendicular to each other. Make sure the cooler and cpu are snug in the box you send them in, have a couple inches protection around them and fragile is written on the box.

Don't pack it like headroom who sent my gear internationally in a box 4 times larger than my headphones with only 2 screwed up bits of paper for the cushioning I am just glad the headphones themselves are packed well in their own box.

I've even used a paper towel wrapped around the CPU with some tape and then put it in a bubbled envolepe with some newspapers to pack it tightly. It's really hard to mess up an LGA based CPU. DIY FTW.:lol: