I like it here

HopelessLantern

Hello. You guys seem like a smart bunch and I am going to be needing some friends advice, so I think I'll stay. Plus, every forum I monitor allows me to cut down my reddit time (which we all know isn't getting anything done).

I fixed and did minor work on my computers growing up until I had to move from home. Laptop only is a tough life. A short time ago I came into a decent processor and motherboard as well as computer case, pump and radiator a few friends were getting rid off. This seemed like a good start to indulge in a hobby that I have loved since I played Diablo I.

I just started my build since signing up and am now almost done. It was a tad scary building from nothing. And hell, water cooling was extra frightening. However, these things were not all that daunting and I found a rush going the DIY route without the help of others. Anyway, I am coming near the end and will be asking for advice and input. Any and all is appreciated. Can't wait to learn more about overclocking and timing!

Thanks!

Welcome to OCC. I hope you enjoy your stay here. The atmosphere and general attitude is very positive and constructive here. Some of the members have been here for almost 10 years, so it a real nice and close-knit bunch of people :cheers:

Welcome to OCC :cheers:

Also if you want to know what CPU you are using, download CPU-Z

Welcome to OCC :) Hope you enjoy it here :)

Welcome to OCC. I hope you enjoy your stay here. The atmosphere and general attitude is very positive and constructive here. Some of the members have been here for almost 10 years, so it a real nice and close-knit bunch of people :cheers:

Welcome friend :popcorn:

Thank you all! I was waiting to get the thing turned on to find out the processor. Haha. I do plan on staying and hopefully my unique experience (aka problems) will become useful to others.

Also, anyone know why kind cpu/core temps a basic watercooling loop with a 240 rad should be hitting at rest before OC?