Wired Waco

Wow that last picture got me really interested in finding out more on how these machines work.

Hope you get your memory back soon, Waco! I also hope you didn't forget how to drive so you can enjoy that Miata. :lol:

If he forgets how to drive.. Well, we'll just be seeing a re-post of this soon enough.

No offense but telling him he'll have to start over probably isn't the best encouragement he needs right now. We've been working with doctors on figuring things out...eventually something will work out or it won't. Time will tell.

Lets at least try to stay positive here guys...

I didn't want to be a downer or anything. It seems like he has all the pieces of the puzzle they just seemed to be jumbled around. I'm sure he'll be back to where he was mentally soon enough. With the amount of damage he sustained, if he can do the basic necessities of living in this modern world than I think that's pretty good for so short a time since the crash.

He's mostly alright. He can do all normal tasks just not the complex coding he went to school for the last 6 years...and the occational not realizing he's talking super loud. Lol.

We're in it together no matter what road it takes us.

Well bluepanda i sure hope you and waco are making it ok. Medical issues are never a good thing and I am sure looking forward to his recovery.

My regards and best wishes. Boinker.

Injuries to the head are definitely serious, and I hope everything turns out OK in the long run.

I had a friend in high school that got a concussion playing football. He had short term memory loss for a week or two. Couldn't even remember if he had taken a shower in the morning during first period.

Thanks everyone. It's been tough so far. Had to drop one of my two classes and officially lost my job (as a research assistant) this week until I'm fixed. Unless they get this sorted out quickly its gonna be rough both mentally and monetarily.

Amanda has a great job for the summer though and hopefully I'll either get better or I'll find an easy job to pick up the slack.

Don't rush it and let it heal and let whatever therapy you get do its job... something like this isnt a quick fix and it will take some time....

My little broth had a nasty go-kart accident 10 years ago one morning when we were out camping.... needless to say it was pretty bad even though no skin was broken he did manage to sever all the receptors on one side of his brain and bruise some others... I say receptors for the lack of the real terminology but I mean the little fibers from the brain to the skull that center the brain in your skull...

needless to say it was a few days in the ICU and he wasnt right for a good while after that... his short term abilities were shot as in he would just space out during a conversation and doing a phone cal with him was painful as he'd just stop talking as i guess he'd forget he was even on the phone. he didnt lose any motor skills but it did just take time for him to regain the short term stuff.... almost a full year

I didnt see any loss of function other than the fact when I got him to sit on a go-kart 2 years later he turn whiter than a ghost and just froze.... but then again that was a pretty nasty accident

you'll get there man we have faith....

Actually yes. :lol: My higher thought processes are shot...I can't understand things I know that I know how to do. I can't even code any more and that's pretty much all I do. :lol:

That sucks!

Hopefully you will recover soon.

Wow, that's the first I heard of this. What exactly happened with the wreck?

We should start a "Buy Waco a new brain" fund. Then we can go about overclocking it. :evilgrin: