The Elder Scrolls Online

bp9801

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know after watching the video I know why they pulled it. I mean seriously this has a nice Elder Scroll styling to it, well sort of you get to kill crabs, but otherwise it looked like any other MMO to me. Must say what I saw disappointed me a lot.

You know after watching the video I know why they pulled it. I mean seriously this has a nice Elder Scroll styling to it, well sort of you get to kill crabs, but otherwise it looked like any other MMO to me. Must say what I saw disappointed me a lot.

And this is why people like you should never alpha/beta test games.

Whoever recorded/uploaded that video did an absolute terrible job showing off the game. I take nothing from that pre-alpha footage. 

I liked seeing the character editor.  Tried to forgive the player as he was only giving us a peek at the game.  It was kool to see the interaction between NPC mobs and the player and what happens when you die.  Basically it was a quickie newb run thru part of the newb starter area.  That was enough to see what was going on.  Don't forget that there are several newb areas depending on your race.

Whoever recorded/uploaded that video did an absolute terrible job showing off the game. I take nothing from that pre-alpha footage. 

Precisely. Going off a game at an early stage generally isn't a good idea, especially with one that's just opened to the public. It releases sometime this year (ZeniMax hasn't said anything other than 2013) that means plenty of time for changes and modifications to make everything work better.

I guess I shouldn't say pre-alpha, it's further along than that. Well, do we even know when that footage was recorded? That could be really old. Either way, I'll wait until I get into the beta before making any sort of judgement.