bp9801

The Elder Scrolls Online

I signed up.

Some things I did to get an Excellent chance, rather than average:

1. Fill out the form completely.

2. Put in a Primary Guild Name and Guild Website.

3. Enter at least one MMOG that you've beta tested. I put in 4.

4. Don't select all play styles. I didn't select Hardcore.

When I did #4, I jumped to above average. When I did #2 I jumped to Excellent.

Seems to me like 2 and 3 probably carry the most weight on the form. The parts we have to fill in manually and not just click on are probably the ones they will pay more attention to.

Uhm, why couldn't they do this before the middle of 2006 when I permanently swore off all MMO's?

It's never too late to come back!

Anyone know what the Guild Name and Guild Website fields are asking for exactly?

Not sure but my guess is that if you are in a guild for one of the other games, they want to know which one. Only a guess though.

^THIS

"Hardcore" MMO players have guilds that exist and persist in multiple games and even casual players that just hop from MMO to MMO with friends.

I signed up.

For anyone who hasn't read the NDA, disclosing the fact that you are a Beta Tester is against the NDA. :doh:

I signed up.

For anyone who hasn't read the NDA, disclosing the fact that you are a Beta Tester is against the NDA. :doh:

Read it and found that part a bit interesting but well its just a little bit more protection for them.

I signed up.

Read it and found that part a bit interesting but well its just a little bit more protection for them.

Also for whoever gets into the beta. A know a guy in the beta group for a different developer and when his username got out he was flooded with friend requests on Steam. More people are going to care about this game than that, so you really don't want to make yourself a target just from people looking to bug you. Throw in the people that will try to get confidential information from you and that clause makes more sense.

I'm sure there are other, better reasons as well.

I signed up.

That's fairly standard for most beta tests, just most people don't seem to actually read the NDAs.