The Elder Scrolls Online

bp9801

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well so far all this game has done is left me with a sour taste in the mouth and I really wanted to like it. Hour long, login queues, now that really sucks.

It's called a STRESS TEST for a reason.

Well so far all this game has done is left me with a sour taste in the mouth and I really wanted to like it. Hour long, login queues, now that really sucks.

Precisely. :lol:

I had a crash today when I went to log out. Decided to make a new character to try out a new class, and couldn't even get out of the initial starting point. Went to log out to try and reload it, then poof, crash.

True but crashing to desktop more than once too wasn't fun probably only got an hour of game time in about 8 of trying. And the longest period of gaming about 30mins.

So sadly haven't even had much time to form an opinion on the world or story just on the servers.

I personally didn't even do beta this time around.  The game really isn't enough to keep me playing and i don't really see the point in doing beta if im not even gonna consider playing the game later.  At $70 plus $15/month its just not worth it to me.  From what I could tell it was almost just like any other mmo on the market.

I personally didn't even do beta this time around. The game really isn't enough to keep me playing and i don't really see the point in doing beta if im not even gonna consider playing the game later. At $70 plus $15/month its just not worth it to me. From what I could tell it was almost just like any other mmo on the market.

+1

My beta email went straight into the trash this time, my previous experiences have not left me with any desire to play the game.

Until someone tells me that it has drastically changed for the better then I have no reason to play the game again.

They hyped this way too much and are wasting resources that could go to Fallout or new expansions/content for Skyrim...

Edited by Andrewr05

I personally didn't even do beta this time around. The game really isn't enough to keep me playing and i don't really see the point in doing beta if im not even gonna consider playing the game later. At $70 plus $15/month its just not worth it to me. From what I could tell it was almost just like any other mmo on the market.

+1

My beta email went straight into the trash this time, my previous experiences have not left me with any desire to play the game.

Until someone tells me that it has drastically changed for the better then I have no reason to play the game again.

They hyped this way too much and are wasting resources that could go to Fallout or new expansions/content for Skyrim...

The best thing about ESO is that its being made by Zenimax Online, so Bethesda isn't wasting their time on it. 

+1

The best thing about ESO is that its being made by Zenimax Online, so Bethesda isn't wasting their time on it. 

Precisely. Bethesda Game Studios is completely separate from ZeniMax Online and TESO. All BGS did was basically sign off on the MMO and provide assets (if memory serves).

You strike a good point, but they're still "in on it".

In the same way that BGS was "in on it" with Fallout: New Vegas, probably. :lol:

Also, this is a really well said take on TESO from Tim over at CAD.

The Elder Scrolls Online is currently in closed beta... they're stress testing, but there is still an NDA in place, so I can't really talk about whether I'm in it, or what I think of it.

Instead, let me tell you about these chocolate chip cookies I tried. I've had chocolate chip cookies before, and I liked them well enough... but I didn't think this particular recipe was any good. They certainly looked like chocolate chip cookies, but they didn't really taste a whole lot like chocolate chip cookies. Something about them was just... off.

I don't know, maybe if I absolutely, head-over-heel loved chocolate chip cookies, I would have liked this recipe better. Maybe I'm just not a big enough fan of chocolate chip cookies to begin for me to overlook the weird taste of this recipe. Overall I guess it just felt like this recipe was trading entirely on the established chocolate chip cookie name, rather than trying to be delicious all on its own. And so ultimately these cookies bring nothing new to the table, and everything they do, other cookies already do better.

Now, to be fair, this particular recipe is pretty new... perhaps not even quite finished yet. So I did take that into account when tasting the cookies. However, ultimately, when you put certain ingredients together in a certain way, it's pretty clear the kind of cookie you're going to get, and nothing short of major alterations will change the resulting taste. There comes a point when the baker has clearly committed to a certain concoction, and a pinch of salt here or a couple of extra minutes in the oven won't help.

Of course, recipes can evolve and change over enough time, and perhaps eventually the baker will tweak and adjust the ingredients to create something special. And I'm sure there are a lot of people out there that will just gobble these cookies up regardless. I personally just think they're bland, and not worth the asking price.