New Build, Please Advise

highroller1228

Corsair Special Edition White Graphite Series 600T Steel Case

GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD5H LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 77W Quad-Core

COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 CPU Cooler

EVGA GeForce GTX 570 (x 2) SLI Setup

G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 1600

CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX750 Watt Power Supply

Corsair Force Series (3) 2.5" 60GB SATA III Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

Western Digital Caviar Black (1TB) HDD

SAMSUNG Black Blu-ray Combo SATA Model LightScribe Support

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Any advice would be great, thanks

Edited by highroller1228

Wow this is a pretty good setup already.

What I would do is take out the dual GTX 570 and just use a single GTX 680 since it will pretty much max out any game as it already stands.

I would also suggest only getting 8 GB of ram. 16GB is unnecessary for this type of a system.

If I pretend that the two GTX 570's were 300 a piece and that the GTX 680 is 500, plus 40 for the ram I saved you, plus the prexisting 70 for the SSD you have now, that adds up to 210 bucks.

I would do one of two things with that money. I would either spend 180 of it on a 120GB vertex 4 and then add the extra 30 to the Case and get a NZXT switch 810 case in white. Or Still get the vertex 4 and get a better air cooler like the NZXT havik.

You could even spend it on the PSU and get a modular PSU from corsair. Either way it is up to you.

This system would be a tiny bit better, but not by much. I do think the GTX 680 and a better SSD should be on your list, but other then that great job man. :thumbsup:

2 things:

1.get a single 680 instead of 2 x 570. Since there are currently no games that have a problem on the 680 you won't see any performance difference. It will also be cheaper, less noisy, less hot, it won't consume as much power and you won't run into SLI problem ; not to mention that in the future when you think your computer will struggle with the games that appear then, you can always buy another 680 and then have an SLI setup without having to buy a completely new computer if you want to play the latest games.

2.you said you wanted to game on this computer. Is that exclusively? Games don't require more than 4 GB of RAM so getting 16 might be overkill. If you don't plan on video editing or working in photoshop full time you won't see any difference in games between 4 and 16 gigs of ram. You can get 8 to compromise and then with the money you save from the RAM and GPU you could get yourself an SSD. If you haven't seen the difference between an SSD and an HDD go see it on youtube. You won't be disapointed.

Other than that, your pick of components is fine.

Edited by Rofltroll

Great build :thumbsup:

Love the 600T - though the window is really big and shows off a lot of the PSU cables so I would go with a modular PSU. Go with a single GTX 680 like Tjj and Rofltroll recommend and then go with the Corsair HX650. It wouldn't give ya the option to SLI in the future, but it is a good deal on a PSU till May 5. If you want room to SLI, go with the HX750.

Agree the guys above that 8GB is enough RAM.

I would go with a more advanced cooling solution for Ivy Bridge - like an NH-D14 or a H80.

Those are the only changes I would make.