April 30 Newsletter

Nemo

The weekly newsletter will be out soon and you can post any comments in this thread.

While the article is interesting...it's a bit techy for a newsletter IMHO. It reads like TechReport. :lol: That's not an insult, btw, but it does mean it's intended for a somewhat different audience than the normal users on here. :P

..... it's intended for a somewhat different audience than the normal users on here. :P

We have them?

Well I am sure that me you panda can appreciate the article (well I think panda can :lol:)

Jim, how many years would you estimate before we see this taken from the theoretical world to working prototypes?

Edited by Stonerboy779

Well I am sure that me you panda can appreciate the article (well I think panda can :lol:)

Eh, my brain is still all messed up from my accident. I have essentially zero ability to comprehend anything even remotely high level. The docs are still trying to figure out what's broken. :lol:

So yeah...I can recognize that it's a bit higher level than the usual articles...but comprehending it is beyond me at this point. :mad:

COMMENTS!!! Is what :lol:

lol. It's not something I look to reading from OCC. I get my dose of entertainment here, I don't look for articles like this. Not saying we can't do it...I dunno.

Semester is about over with only a single simple final left for me and a research paper to crank out -- I've got it EASY to wrap up. I'm not looking to make my brain think -- have a few weeks off before starting a job...so I will enjoy being "dumb".

Jim, how many years would you estimate before we see this taken from the theoretical world to working prototypes?

A fully operable prototype in a lab, I would guess inside of 5 years. In fact, one may already exist, it just isn't miniaturized. Miniaturizing the components, like spintronic transistors, and finding good conductors that don't disrupt spin are the two challenges that are still being worked on.

lol. It's not something I look to reading from OCC. I get my dose of entertainment here, I don't look for articles like this. Not saying we can't do it...I dunno.

Semester is about over with only a single simple final left for me and a research paper to crank out -- I've got it EASY to wrap up. I'm not looking to make my brain think -- have a few weeks off before starting a job...so I will enjoy being "dumb".

I've only got one more of these for the time being. It's on quantum computing and might be a little less technical. I guess it depends on whether you consider a quantum-mechanical train yard as technical or not :lol: