Alpha Test Demo for my upcoming game!

ClayMeow

Submitted my survey :)

Main issues as pointed out in my survey : Flashlight way too small

And the crawl control was easily the hardest to learn as I couldn't walk further past the obstacle and all I saw was : gamera.jpg

If I hadn't seen in this thread that Shift was the crouch control then I would have taken a very long time guessing controls - Maybe fix it so it is in sight properly ?

Submitted my survey :)

Main issues as pointed out in my survey : Flashlight way too small

And the crawl control was easily the hardest to learn as I couldn't walk further past the obstacle and all I saw was : gamera.jpg

If I hadn't seen in this thread that Shift was the crouch control then I would have taken a very long time guessing controls - Maybe fix it so it is in sight properly ?

Interesting, i could see the whole thing fine.

Interesting, i could see the whole thing fine.

I couldn't see the whole thing either. I could see more than that though.

Perhaps it is resolution dependant ? :dunno: Because that was on my 1366x768 laptop, will try on my 1920x1080 rig but theres no graphics cards in it , lol

Perhaps it is resolution dependant ? :dunno: Because that was on my 1366x768 laptop, will try on my 1920x1080 rig but theres no graphics cards in it , lol

Actually I just went back through it and i saw the same thing. I'm in firefox with resolution of 1440x900

Submitted with a description / video of bugs. Would also be nice if the black font "Play" on mouseover and the font on the button itself were the same. Consistent with the other fonts presented through the game.

Edited by AZNguyen

Other than the crouch issue in the beginning, it worked fine for me. The shift text looked exactly like Nyt's, and I'm on 1600x900. The biggest issue I had with the game was the fact that you can't see the character, and that sort of detached me from the game. If I could see the body of the char, and the ground under her feet, I would feel more involved.

Other than the crouch issue in the beginning, it worked fine for me. The shift text looked exactly like Nyt's, and I'm on 1600x900. The biggest issue I had with the game was the fact that you can't see the character, and that sort of detached me from the game. If I could see the body of the char, and the ground under her feet, I would feel more involved.

Thanks for the feedback. We've gone back and forth about showing the protagonist or not. If we want to keep the flashlight literal, you wouldn't see her, but we've talked about maybe feathering/fading the flashlight out a bit on the edges and having that same effect around the protagonist. A lot harder to do with code in Flash than on an image in Photoshop though. lol

Submitted with a description / video of bugs. Would also be nice if the black font "Play" on mouseover and the font on the button itself were the same. Consistent with the other fonts presented through the game.

Watched the video. Not exactly sure what bug(s) you were showing. I saw you were trying to backtrack and jump back over the slope...is not being able to jump back the "bug" you were referring to? Is there a reason you didn't continue forward?