ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z

Hey guys I've taken a look around on internet and I see that most of the people that overclock with this board are not at the latest Bios. Can someone tell me which Bios revision would be the best to overclock (I've seen that there are some difference between Bios versions apparently)?

I would really appreciate if some people better than me at overclocking would confirm me that.

Vandread I seriously don't like your use of your I'm with stupid emote as what he said is not stupid. He might be wrong and people are allowed to be wrong sometimes without being called stupid. But thank you still for the enlightment because I saw that many people with my mobo were sticking to an earlier version of the Bios.

Vandread I seriously don't like your use of your I'm with stupid emote as what he said is not stupid. He might be wrong and people are allowed to be wrong sometimes without being called stupid. But thank you still for the enlightment because I saw that many people with my mobo were sticking to an earlier version of the Bios.

I didn't mean it that way. It's just an emoticon. The "I'm with" relates to me agreeing to TraptPatriot's post while the "stupid" part is something just for fun, not literal. I'm in no way implicating that TraptPatriot is stupid (sorry for the word there TraptPatriot).

:withstupid: :withstupid: :withstupid: :withstupid: this emoticon is in no way offensive if you've read any occ posts. I mean think about it ... if he were stupid i wouldn't be "with him" would I? :withstupid: :withstupid: :withstupid: :withstupid:

Ero, you aren't the first OCC member to mistake that emoticon's meaning, and you certainly won't be the last ;) But, you understand it now, so no worries :thumbsup:

I am still using the BIOS version 0902 on my Maximus Extreme-Z. But, not because I have experienced any OC instability on the newer BIOS versions. Actually I just haven't checked for an update in a long time and this thread has made me realize that there have been 2 BIOS updates since the last time I checked :teehee:

Haha thanks for the backup Eros, but all is well. I didn't take offense to it. Hopefully you can find a BIOS that works for you and gives you good overclocking ability.

If everything is working right and your getting decent overclocks (about what's expected for that board/chip) then there is no reason to update the bios.. Though I have seen the amount of vcore needed to stablize at a given oc change from bios to bios but not that often and thats usually from a realy early version to a newer one.