Ivy Bridge Released

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Socket 940 was never intended to be a desktop socket though...so why be mad at AMD?

how so? they put out the FX chips only on the 940 just to drop the target market.

how so? they put out the FX chips only on the 940 just to drop the target market.

That's like complaining about Skulltrail. They were both "high end" products that never had much of a future.

I want to see a comparison between 2500K and 3570K, or between 2600K/2700K and 3770K, where they are all overclocked as high as they will go with the same cooler and withing safe voltage/temps/stability, in other words the sandy would have a higher frequency than the ivy, and then compare their performance.

What I mean is, a stock ivy can beat a stock sandy, but if a overclocked sandy can beat an overclocked ivy...

You'll have to excuse the News Editors - some of them are actually gainfully employed and have this annoying thing called a job.

Who do you think you are, having a job other than OCC? :nono:

Good review!

Considering upgrading to a Sabertooth Z77 w/ i7 3770k or Sabertooth X79 w/ i7 3820 or 3930k

Not really sure anything available right now is a decent enough upgrade from my i7 930 to be worth it, even thought I'm starting to run into some strange cold-boot problems. :dunno: