Cable sleeving help!

So i'm about to go head and sleeve my cables for my new case but i don't know what to order for the sleeves, what is the correct size and can you recommend anything else on this list?

FrozenCPU Dual Head ATX Connector Removal Tool

FrozenCPU ConnectRight 24-Pin Female ATX Power Connector - Green UV (plus 6pin, molex and 8pin)

Bitspower Super Tight Weave 3/8" Cable Sleeve

are you going to indivigually sleeve each wire or groups of them?

I usually dont swap out the connectors but you can if you want :)

what I usually do is indivigually sleeve the power cables, the fan cables I sleeve all together.

I've gotten the kit's a couple times but find I only use the 1/8" and maybe the 1/4" sleeving. power cables get the 1/8" and fans get the 1/4" or 1/8"..

i was going to do each wire so i could have them flat behind the motherboard tray.

I found this guide GUIDE - MDPC-X SLeeving of individual Cables! by Kamaster from a bunch of googling lead me right back to OCC lol

anyone know the chance of causing a fire from just sleeving vs making your own wires? what about the chance of making a short or melting by changing the connectors?

Edited by hornybluecow

I've made a few of my own extensions (24pin power and pcie) and modified Molex and sata power cables and never had any problems.. just make sure you dont cross any wires and I always sodder the connectors on (on the ones I chage or make) and heat-shrink any exposed wires to prevent shorts.

so I need some help with getting the 6pin express pins out, no matter what i do they will not move. i'm thinking of just cutting off the connector and recriping the all the wires if i cant get them out soon. does anyone know a good tutorial on how to get seasonic wires out before i go mad and cut things up?

Edited by hornybluecow

I bought the same pin removal tool you did, and I found that I had to bend the pins a tiny bit to remove the 6 pin connectors.

Just as a reminder, you need to push the cable up into the connector as much as your can before you stick your pin removal tool in the connector.

Realistically though, if you are replacing the connector anyways, I would just pay the extra couple bucks to get the pin heads for the wires and just cut and re-head the wires. That would just cut out the middle man all together.

hmmm still no go, i watch a bunch of videos and the only thing i noticed was people were using a different remover than the frozencpu one. high quality maybe?

edit: holy hell... first one after 2 hours, i really really pushed hard in and held the cable than pushed the tool in as hard as i could, heard a click and pulled the cable out super fast. seemed to work but very abusive way of doing it. I get it now why it would not come out, my tool is defective because it's not the same height as the pin.....way to go frozencpu.....

Edited by hornybluecow

hmmm still no go, i watch a bunch of videos and the only thing i noticed was people were using a different remover than the frozencpu one. high quality maybe?

edit: holy hell... first one after 2 hours, i really really pushed hard in and held the cable than pushed the tool in as hard as i could, heard a click and pulled the cable out super fast. seemed to work but very abusive way of doing it. I get it now why it would not come out, my tool is defective because it's not the same height as the pin.....way to go frozencpu.....

Just be glad you don't have the one from Sunbeam. That tool sucks balls man. I pushed in too hard and sheared the two fins right off and stabbed myself. The frozen CPU one as been pretty reliable for me. Now if only I could find a way to make the sleeving go over the pin head of the cable easier, and we would both be in business :woot:

Just be glad you don't have the one from Sunbeam. That tool sucks balls man. I pushed in too hard and sheared the two fins right off and stabbed myself. The frozen CPU one as been pretty reliable for me. Now if only I could find a way to make the sleeving go over the pin head of the cable easier, and we would both be in business :woot:

some times I put a little piece of electrical tape over the ends to keep it from catching on the sleeving...

One time while removing a four pin molex pwr connector I found that I could not replace the connector with a different manufactured identicle four pin molex pwr connector. I would put the desired connector on and it would simply slide off. There were no clicks when I put it on, but put the old one on and four clicks.

From experience with working with these electrical pins when there is a great quantity to replace it is just easier to purchase new pins and install them. For about $12 of pins the time and frustration saved is worth it, but a crimping tool is also required.

Pin tool broke hey, I think the above idea will grow on you too! hahahaha

Courious about soldering the psu cables look here. http://forums.overclockersclub.com/index.php?showtopic=188239&view=&hl=&fromsearch=1

i got the molex fine but for the life of me i CANNOT get the ATX pins to come out! i must of spent another few hours last night on 1 pin. finished 2 movies. I've watched countless youtube videos that show it takes literally 5 seconds just like the molex but for some reason my pins won't move.

This is the progress i have made, notice it's only the Molex part, also my psy is completely modular so can't desoder anything.

Edited by hornybluecow