Sign in to follow this  
TheyCallMeGunny

"Attractive" Rigs

Accessories  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What accessories are on/in your build?

• LED fans
    • LED standalone lighting (Lazer, diodes, etc)
    • Cold Cathodes
    • Attractive Chassis (Bought that way)
    • Paint (modded or spraypainted, etc)
    • Filters and meshes (for aesthetic appearance)
    • Side Panel Window (Modded)
    • Side Panel Window (Stock)
    • Theming (Matchiing Chassis to other component colors, styles tec- such as keyboards or speakers)
    • Accessorizing (USB lights, stickers, logos, etc)
    • Water Cooling (Colored tubing, light up reservoir, etc.)
    • heatsinks (Stylish fin designs, etc)
    • MISC- Post reply to specify.
    • Attractive Chassis (Modded)
    • None- Plain, stock build.
  2. 2. What is your preffered lighting color?

I like pretty much all colors if it matches a theme well. My current build is using white LEDs which I really like, but Blue is definitely my preferred choice (even if i don't always choose blue).

My case helped me picked my theme for this build - white on the outside but dark on the inside. Lot of symbolism for me in many different ways.

Once I get my new case here in the next few weeks, I'm gonna hack this 300 up and do a bunch of different things to it just to see if I'm capable.

The real thing that I only do is paint the inside of the case if it is just primed.

Back in high school I did a lot of crazy stuff...

my build im working on is black, but with white and red accents.

as for lighting im using red cathodes and some uv ones too, as well as a couple of whites for lighting parts

Paint, theming attractive (modded)

Green.

Nice topic, but the results will be everywhere.

Paint, theming attractive (modded)

Green.

Nice topic, but the results will be everywhere.

Yeah I figured they would, but overall it's going to give us a tally of the most prominent preferences. For those of you who do community mod give-aways: It can give you an idea of the most pupoluar accessories, colors, and types (stock vs custom mods) that people prefer, by choosing the most selected objects.

Me personally, I'm just curious of the general consensus. My tastes have changed over the last 3 years drastically, and so have the trends. So I'm just trying to see where people stand.

**I'm actually very surprised by how many people use filters for their appearance. I bought a bunch of honeycomb grills just for the look of them, but I thought it was actually something few people really cared about.

I didn't vote. What I would have and what I do have are two very different things these days. Reviews kinda put a damper on what you can do mod wise.

I did have my HAF 932 with blue LEDS and a personal vinyl graphic on the window. Had water cooling and more blue LEDs haha. If I were still running it I'd probably go at it with some blue spray paint...who knows. Forgot how much fun it was to have your OWN components. :P

Could you PM me a few pictures of a Red/Black rig next to a different colored set-up? They can be seperate photos, I'm just curious how different your rigs look by color. I have the white phantom, with blue fans, and a lot of black/blue internals. So i'm working with White/Blue, and black trim basically. And I've been curious about how it would look if I painted it black and red instead (not just the case, also my heatsinks, PSU, etc.. Anything that can be spray painted.)

Here's one of the few shots I have of both my and BluePanda's old setups (sorry for the crappy picture, it's from my old cell phone):

post-8484-0-95778800-1335023329_thumb.jpg

I'm not sure I'd spray paint any heatsinks since it'll hurt thermal conductivity. Your PSU would obviously be out of warranty if you painted it too. :P

• Like 1

Here's one of the few shots I have of both my and BluePanda's old setups (sorry for the crappy picture, it's from my old cell phone):

post-8484-0-95778800-1335023329_thumb.jpg

I'm not sure I'd spray paint any heatsinks since it'll hurt thermal conductivity. Your PSU would obviously be out of warranty if you painted it too. :P

Thanks for posting that man. I took my hand and covered up the side panel on the blue one (since the red one wasn't showing it) and I think I'm gonna stick with my blue lights. Side by side I like how the blue is brighter and more contrasted against the chassis.

Appreciate you posting that man!

you guys are making me wanna go and mod my haf 932...i've alelready got the mesh, decals, cutouts etc...

might do that when we finish moving house...

also...is there anyway to quieten down a WC pump, apart from buying a quieter one..would enclosing it in a rubber box work?

edit: @DDF you could probably vinyl wrap a PSU etc....all you need is a roll of vinyl and a hairdryer..and some youtube tutorials...

Edited by Il_napoletano