"Attractive" Rigs

TheyCallMeGunny

Accessories  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What accessories are on/in your build?

• LED fans
    • LED standalone lighting (Lazer, diodes, etc)
    • Cold Cathodes
    • Attractive Chassis (Bought that way)
    • Paint (modded or spraypainted, etc)
    • Filters and meshes (for aesthetic appearance)
    • Side Panel Window (Modded)
    • Side Panel Window (Stock)
    • Theming (Matchiing Chassis to other component colors, styles tec- such as keyboards or speakers)
    • Accessorizing (USB lights, stickers, logos, etc)
    • Water Cooling (Colored tubing, light up reservoir, etc.)
    • heatsinks (Stylish fin designs, etc)
    • MISC- Post reply to specify.
    • Attractive Chassis (Modded)
    • None- Plain, stock build.
  2. 2. What is your preffered lighting color?

Just checking to see which accessories are most commonly used. If you think of something, feel free to add it in reply and I will add it.

You may check as many as you want. Though you can only select one color, if you prefer multiple types in one rig use "Other" and specify in reply, as multi indicates fans with several LED types in a single fan.

You can also feel free to use this poll to share your specifics, by replying with your poll selections.

Define the word 'attractive'. :teehee:

That's preference of the rig's owner. But to define it in context to this thread:

Something you buy/create just to make your build look better. Water cooling is not "attractive" in that sense: But using a particular color of tubing/dye/lighting in it would be considered "attractive."

that's what I'm going for here, what do you have that's just for aesthetic appeal? I mean fans are also useful but buying LED ones isn't for performance: It's for the looks of it.

Btw for miscellaneous my own item is an LED toggle switch: One switch toggles the LEDs in all of my fans on and off. Just one example of what MISC can stand for.

Edited by dragonsdontfly

For me I used the stock Level 10 GT Snow, with the blue lights it gets this frosty look. I put in the Intel liquid cooler so I got a nice blue glow from the fan and pump and then had the window modded with the Computer Ed Radio logo and a caracterure in a frosted glass styling. I then use a Deck Ice Keyboard for the bluie lighting and made the adjustements to a Steel Series Sensei mouse so it's light coloring matches everything else. Now I just a need a white and blue headset to complete the look.

On topic: My favorite color is blue and green.

Thank you, this is exactly the format I'm looking for when selecting multiple color types. Good to have an example early in the thread for others to follow.

Edited by dragonsdontfly

I mod most of my cases. I go with red and black themes most of the time. Generally I'll keep the look understated...but my current rig bucks that trend. :lol: My whole setup is color coordinated though - my mouse and keyboard were chosen for their color nearly as much as for their performance.

I mod most of my cases. I go with red and black themes most of the time. Generally I'll keep the look understated...but my current rig bucks that trend. :lol: My whole setup is color coordinated though - my mouse and keyboard were chosen for their color nearly as much as for their performance.

Could you PM me a few pictures of a Red/Black rig next to a different colored set-up? They can be seperate photos, I'm just curious how different your rigs look by color. I have the white phantom, with blue fans, and a lot of black/blue internals. So i'm working with White/Blue, and black trim basically. And I've been curious about how it would look if I painted it black and red instead (not just the case, also my heatsinks, PSU, etc.. Anything that can be spray painted.)

I'm headed out the door now (getting an MRI done...yay! :lol:) but I'll post some up later today. BluePanda had the same case as me for a while with a blue/black theme when mine was red/black.

I usually try to coordinate the color scheme with the colors on the MB. I used to get lots of bright LED fans but have moved away from that to something more subtle and that I can switch the lights off with... and I hate noisy systems so sound level's play a big part in my selections.

I like my red/black colour schemes. I switched out the front 200mm blue LED stock fan on my Cosmos II for a 140mm and 120mm red LED T.B. Appolish (Enermax LED fans are gorgeous). Then I put some blood red dye in my water cooling loop, with white LED's in the reservoir to light it up. Gonna add a couple RED Cold Cathodes, and possibly get a window modded into the side panel, Performance PC's says they can do it for me for a fairly decent price. Then I have a Battlefield 3 Edition mouse and keyboard from Razor (technically orange, but they work amazing so I can live with it).

I prefer a case that is dark, sleek, and heavy looking...then neon green inside...like that nVidia wallpaper

edit: plus UV green....like the anti-kink on my WC tubes

Edited by Il_napoletano