My rant.

Guest Black gold saw.

true...I have a few friends like that...then I have another friend(so called) and he thinks the US rocks and that every other country in the world sucks....

and I'm not saying the US is bad..I'm saying remember it's not the BEST!!

My favorite is when college economics here in the US teach you that American workers do more work per person than European workers...I mean if you use some stupid formula made by an American then yeah of course. But in reality, not even close to being true.

Sorry my American friends but you come across as thinking way to highly of yourselves. Seemingly always needing to get involved in every other country's affairs. Even when you can't sort out your own problems.

:withstupid:

Agreed. I really hate people who have a "America is the BEST and every other country can bow to us!" attitude. Most of them haven't even been out of the country.

We do have plenty of problems, namely the economy, that could be dealt with before trying to fix other countries. The public education systems in other developed nations are mostly better funded and organized than ours too. Thats a particular pet peeve of mine. There are several schools around me that are closing down from lack of funds, but we are throwing millions around to bail out big businesses.

Edited by 90sgamer

My favorite is when college economics here in the US teach you that American workers do more work per person than European workers...

:whoa:

You want to come to where I live...these italians work so HARD...and that's if you can find a job...to support their family..some leave for work at 6-7am...don't expect them home until at 9.30pm(these are the ones with families)

My favorite is when college economics here in the US teach you that American workers do more work per person than European workers...I mean if you use some stupid formula made by an American then yeah of course. But in reality, not even close to being true.

Are you serious? Ahaha that is gold, I would put Japan probably at the top of a list of hardest working 1st world nations (I stress the first world part it's hard to compare workers from 1st, 2nd and 3rd world nations).

Look at how much Japan keeps advancing even when they suffer horrific natural disasters, nuclear meltdowns and atomic bombs all on their tiny island.

America, Australia etc any country with well established things like the dole where people don't even need to work to get money would be last.

Speaking of which - do you want a waterblock for your 4870X2? :lol:

Unfortunately no. It's now in my backup skt 939 build.

If I did, after your ebay ordeal, I totally would have asked you without question. I just can't justify setting up a loop for a system that has literally only been turned on once in the past.. like 2 months. That was just to snag some updates :\

I will never give the system up though, good times :D

The ones who work and are not on the Govt cheese work more hours than Europeans from what I have read. Our work week is longer on average hence more "work" . Efficiency is another ball of wax altogether and is a huge variable to consider.

The ones who work and are not on the Govt cheese work more hours than Europeans from what I have read. Our work week is longer on average hence more "work" . Efficiency is another ball of wax altogether and is a huge variable to consider.

The uk had to impose a 48hour max limit to the work week while France adopted a 35 as a standard. So it really depends on the country, not europe in general, in the us I do believe you like australia have a fairly standard 40hours for a full time worker?

Then if you consider the unemployment rate america vs uk 24% to 8% looks like your goverment carries way to many people. Australia is on about 5% unemployment.

In terms of work italy is probably one of the wierder ones I would say it wouldn't be uncommon for workers to be working 6 days a week with smaller days going home in the early afternoons to have lunch with the family. Still working 40 hours or so but just a very different kind of lifestyle to other countries.

The uk had to impose a 48hour max limit to the work week while France adopted a 35 as a standard. So it really depends on the country, not europe in general, in the us I do believe you like australia have a fairly standard 40hours for a full time worker?

Then if you consider the unemployment rate america vs uk 24% to 8% looks like your goverment carries way to many people. Australia is on about 5% unemployment.

In terms of work italy is probably one of the wierder ones I would say it wouldn't be uncommon for workers to be working 6 days a week with smaller days going home in the early afternoons to have lunch with the family. Still working 40 hours or so but just a very different kind of lifestyle to other countries.

I don't know about the US, but here in Canada 40 hours is considered full-time, that doesn't mean that there aren't those of us that work almost double that :ouch:

Don't even get me started on unemployment, paying 40% tax on income cause some people can't handle making an income is some bullsh!t :lol: