Need OC help fx8150

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure what you're asking.

Your heatsink fan can be connected to either your motherboard via a 3/4 pin fan header or to your PSU via a 3/4 pin to Molex adapter.

Your motherboard should have a 24 pin power connector and either a 4 or 8 pin CPU power header. I was just saying you should make sure you have the CPU power plugged in and to make sure your heatsink is mounted properly.

Ok, i ran prime 95 with core temp to check, and i'm assuming its the temp, my instincts point to that because as soon as it starts it starts to fly into really high temps, i think its overheating

What is really high? 80+? 90+?

As for the mounting - make sure that the clips or bolts or whatever hold the CPU cooler on are all the way down. Also pull the heatsink off and make sure the thermal paste is actually spread over the whole heatspreader and making good contact as well.

it skyrockets, like past 90 then poof shuts down.

all the way down or just tight enough?

can you show me what a good spread would look like? i followed one online but its my first time actually doing that

Wow. Yeah you've got a heat problem!

What cooler do you have? How did you apply the thermal paste? I usually do the "5 dot" method and it's pretty foolproof.

He's still having issues with 2 sticks...so go ahead and eat your crow. :P

Overheating sounds like it could be the real issue here.

Could be but he will be more stable with 2 sticks(Cacaw, cacaw!)