Need OC help fx8150

If your temps 57 in the bios pal you have problems. In windows it will be at least if not more 10 degrees higher and under prime95 you will be off the charts. Run coretemp and get back to us with the temps.

Edited by Drdeath

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as i tried to tell you since yesterday ypur computer is running too hot hence the freeze ups ,bluescreens and shut downs, put the bios back to default and find out why it is running hot. The max temp amd recommends is 61c, that's temperature not voltage. I agree with above post, just bring it to a shop.

LOL Waco. Told you. He was putting stress on the IMC. You need more CPU oltage or CPU/NB voltage.

He's still having issues with 2 sticks...so go ahead and eat your crow. :P

Overheating sounds like it could be the real issue here.

It's possible. I'm assuming that everything ran stable before you messed with overclocking (IE: all 3 sticks of RAM were in the computer and it didn't lock up at all)?

Do you have any way to get your hands on an extra PSU or motherboard? I'd definitely double-check your heatsink mounting as well. Shutting off makes me think it's either a thermal problem or a power problem. Generally errors with RAM or an unstable CPU will cause lockups, restarts, and that sort of thing. A full system shutdown under load is almost always power or thermally related.

You should dl hardwaremonitor and leave it run when you run prime and see what the temps are getting to before errors or shutdown and try to elimate this as a problem first. then move onto your psu. You are not elimateing one problem before your creating new ones. As said before by myself and drdeath if you are not very experienced in oc'ing maybe you should take it to a tech shop.

Edited by SpikeSoprano

I can go to bestbuy and test one of their PSU's and see if my system gets any better.

but everything ran stable before i replaced my thermal paste and stuff, ran prime for 24 hr stable

Maybe you should double-check your heatsink mounting then? Maybe you didn't plug in the 4/8 pin CPU power?

Check the simple things first (in retrospect I should have asked you to do that first thing :lol:).