Koolance releases the VID-NX680 (GeForce GTX 680 water block)

Well I'm glad that Koolance didn't wait too long after the GTX 680 release for their full coverage water block offering for the newest Nvidia card! I have been stalking the website since I ordered my ASUS GTX 680 and yesterday the VID-NX680 was officially up on the website ready for purchase! Not sure how many here will be going with water on their new Kepler card or cards, but figured I would post this in case anyone is interested :thumbsup: can't wait till this block is cooling my GTX 680 :evilgrin:

Koolance blocks typically have one of the better flow rates in comparisons and typically perform very well against the competition when it comes to temps.

Koolance VID-NX680 GTX 680 water block

vidnx680p2.jpg

Eh, need something without Nickel, since I'm using Silver Coils now. :(

I do like Koolance waterblocks, though!

Wait what?

You can mix nickel with pretty much anything in a water loop with no consequences (even in the long term). Distilled and a silver coil is literally all you need for a copper/nickel loop.

Wait what?

You can mix nickel with pretty much anything in a water loop with no consequences (even in the long term). Distilled and a silver coil is literally all you need for a copper/nickel loop.

post-70939-0-29877300-1333509528_thumb.png

post-70939-0-29877300-1333509528_thumb.png

Good God. Koolance is now repeating that BS line too? :rolleyes:

Silver, nickel, and copper can be mixed in the same loop with essentially zero problems. EK blamed all sorts of things (like killcoils, coolants, etc) and they still haven't fixed the prep process they use (which is the real problem). I can't believe other companies are picking up on that completely imagined problem.

Any corrosion that will happen will take a VERY long time. If the nickel plating is an alloy (which, to my knowledge, most are) the potential difference is so close to zero it's not even worth mentioning.

EDIT: Here's a good chart to start:

corrosionplating.png?w=614

This really only matters when parts are in direct contact or very close. In a typical water loop the parts are so distant (when compared to them touching) that it's a non issue.

EDIT: Wait a tick...this doesn't matter AT ALL. The silver is what will be eaten away by corrosion (if it even happens) right?. Killcoils are cheap.

EDIT2: Found the link I was looking for. It's a good read if you can get past the BS. :lol:http://www.realredraider.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=47617

Good God. Koolance is now repeating that BS line too? :rolleyes:

Silver, nickel, and copper can be mixed in the same loop with essentially zero problems. EK blamed all sorts of things (like killcoils, coolants, etc) and they still haven't fixed the prep process they use (which is the real problem). I can't believe other companies are picking up on that completely imagined problem.

Any corrosion that will happen will take a VERY long time. If the nickel plating is an alloy (which, to my knowledge, most are) the potential difference is so close to zero it's not even worth mentioning.

EDIT: Here's a good chart to start:

corrosionplating.png?w=614

This really only matters when parts are in direct contact or very close. In a typical water loop the parts are so distant (when compared to them touching) that it's a non issue.

Makes me think about whether I should

EDIT: Wait a tick...this doesn't matter AT ALL. The silver is what will be eaten away by corrosion (if it even happens). Killcoils are cheap.

I'm sure there'd just be a little tarnishing with the nickel, but not much. I always thought it was just Copper and Aluminum that shouldn't mix, but lately because of EK, it's now also Nickel and Silver. Tempted to get these now...

are there any watercooling companies that arent full of crap?

how is aquacomputer? they are bringing out a 680 block that is copper and actually looks decent, unlike eks copper blocks

are there any watercooling companies that arent full of crap?

how is aquacomputer? they are bringing out a 680 block that is copper and actually looks decent, unlike eks copper blocks

MIPS, Aquacomputer, DangerDen (if you don't mind how ugly they tend to be), EK copper blocks. I'm sure I'm forgetting more. :lol:

but lately because of EK, it's now also Nickel and Silver.

I don't trust a single thing they say these days... :lol:

THIS!

I have been using Koolance blocks, silver kill coils, and plain distilled for quite awhile and I haven't had any problems. I can't stand that EK just won't admit what the real problem was, the plating process! I know Gary at Sidewinder Computers just stopped carrying the nickel plated copper blocks and issued this statement on another forum after all the BS EK was giving for the problems. They have blamed everything under the sun for the issues: silver coils, PT Nuke, ect :lol: