Bishop245 and Boinker are at it again

Boinker

Well here is an update

Bishop and i are both second guessing the loop right now. As of today sense bishop found the peice of metal in the res we are kind of wondering for one where it came from and two what sort of precautions we should take after draining and filling the system once more.

Im going to brainstorm about this one for a while but im tempted to do a flush proceedure on the loop with hot tap water just to make sure all forign particals that may still be in there get removed.

Second issue at hand. Right now we are looking at the gpu blocks and we are wondering if the two of the running in parrellel is a good thing or a bad thing. Currently the system is running wih an ek triple parellel connector with the center ports blocked off. What bishop and i are wondering is if the system was to run better or worse. What bishop is worried about is static pressure to the gpu waterblocks. My understanding is that with them in parellel the system will keep the volume of water at its best and have a slight pressuure drop. Having them in seriel with combine the blocks restrictions and potentially slow volume down slightly.

This is combined with a res issue that the swiftech micro res is like i feared allowing as much air back in as it cycles out.. Im worried about the res because the system may never bleed the water out and evebtually potentially one of the gpu block may get so much water introduced to it that the cooling will cease to finction.

I can build a new res out of scrap 2" pipe or less but im not sure if i am going wrong here in one way or another. Would like some input on these mind teasers.

Thanks for all input.

Boinker.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Flush the sys in a pail, so that it can be verified that the contents of the flush have no foreign material any longer. Dump the res contents out, or an arts and crafts store will have magnets of various sizes. ***** This more dangers method should only be done under adult supervision ******* Syphon the particle out, hahahaha or more safer use a vacuum pump, or shopvac with a piece of hose. Keep the res full will have no problems with air. An open barb on the top is dangerous if the pc is moved, so a fill barb with the cap is a better solution. Wood filler would be perfect for the gap in the top blue plastic molding which now has a gap from adding the rad box, if it sticks to metal or plastic. Optionally bondo would fill the gap also. The parallel setup is preferred over the serial setup when considering temp. In a test I read with a 920 cpu and two 480 gpu the parallel was a 0.58c better performer.

I dropped an old 20gb hdd after getting it backed up thankfully and it quit working after its trip to the floor so i tore it apart and got the magnets out of it then used them to get the metal out of the rez. problem solved on that part but the more I think about it the more likely I am going to discard the original plastic and maybe fab some aluminum plate to make the top front look a little better.

• 1 month later...

Well I got a little done on the elysium Boinker bought for me it now has only 1 hdd cage with 2 rads 2 pumps and 1 rez this is all I have been able to do since I have to take care of my house too since I finally got the meth junkies out of it no pics of the house as it needs about $10,000 to $15,000 worth of repairs and its going to be a while before I can try to really do anything else

IMG_0196.JPG

IMG_0204.JPG

IMG_0208.JPG

IMG_0209.JPG

Dont need it... Windows 7 has one built in and its very simple and easy to use..... ;)

uhh....what are you talkings abouts?

This one lets you right-click, resize image BAM...done.

If windows built in is "easier" where is it? lol. :D

I just started putting mine together, too. I've decided to put a 120.2 in the front, but keeping the 3.5" drive bays, which means the front will stick out a little bit. It's kind of hell trying to re-thread that hole. Will post pics here, too.

I lost my product key for my photochop elements and not going to waste the money buying it again I coulda sworn boinker said 56K beware somewhere in this thread too but to dang tired to look for it lol