the Fitness Thread

I used to be able to walk a 5k in 23mins :lol: god I have become such a lazy sh¡t this weekend will be interesting because my family and my old coaches family spend Easter together down at the beach which is followed the following weekend by a boot camp which I will conveniently be skipping :D

I am such an idiot just finished a rather good work out in the gym at uni, then attempted to run down some escalators at Melbourne Central :pfp: bloody jelly legs...

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to be able to walk a 5k in 23mins :lol: god I have become such a lazy sh¡t this weekend will be interesting because my family and my old coaches family spend Easter together down at the beach which is followed the following weekend by a boot camp which I will conveniently be skipping :D

I am such an idiot just finished a rather good work out in the gym at uni, then attempted to run down some escalators at Melbourne Central :pfp: bloody jelly legs...

Smarter than me. I finish a workout, come home, eat 2 pounds of Colby cheese straight, and make a porkchop or some similar slab of meat. Only healthy thing is the water I drink lol.. At least you aint burning 10 pounds to eat 15 more back on xD

--Speaking of, I have a pound of colby cheese in the fridge begging to be dominated. Wish granted! :evilgrin:

Edited by dragonsdontfly

Ugh... exercise. I try like every other week or so to get into some kind of routine, but I never get past like the third day. It's very frustrating, any tips on how to beat the habit into me will be greatly appreciated.

Smarter than me. I finish a workout, come home, eat 2 pounds of Colby cheese straight, and make a porkchop or some similar slab of meat. Only healthy thing is the water I drink lol.. At least you aint burning 10 pounds to eat 15 more back on xD

--Speaking of, I have a pound of colby cheese in the fridge begging to be dominated. Wish granted! :evilgrin:

Well while I was at Melbourne Central being thankful I didn't clean myself up :) I went and got myself a medium McChicken meal 10 McBites and a Double Cheeseburger.

I too regret starting smoking when at 15...

Started at late 9, so that makes almost 14 years now. Had a bad influence of an older brother. Was kicking my butt..

But ever since I started rolling my own, it has about a quarter of the effect. Sure they don't taste as good, but they don't inhibit me nearly as much either (and they cost about $7 a carton to make, which was the whole reason for starting to roll my own anyways.)

I'm not kidding, it seriously does have a fraction of the effect. Although.. The burnt taste in my mouth, worse than 90% of name brands: wake up with smoke taste like crazy sometimes. But as for my breathing, minimal effect compared to name brand of any kind.

I run about 10 to 15 miles a day. I also bike 25 to 50 a day. I also workout about 6 days a week (I've only been doing that for about a month though). I'm training for a Marathon.

I used to be able to walk a 5k in 23mins :lol:

Let me append my post: 5k in cross country involving hills, streams, and general areas of painful fun. And I have low standards for myself. But seeing my 300 pound coworkers and students take the elevator to go up and down one floor makes me feel much better :lol:.

Ugh... exercise. I try like every other week or so to get into some kind of routine, but I never get past like the third day. It's very frustrating, any tips on how to beat the habit into me will be greatly appreciated.

that was the same as me, but i made exercise a neccesity, if i dont ride my bike to uni, then i dont get there.

much better than that willpower crap :biggrin:

the trick is when you first start, make it easy and short..

you don't want it to last more than 30mins and don't try and take some bodybuilders routine..start simple

post your routine, so I can see if it's a bit too much to start off :thumbsup:

I've had it like that couple of times as well. What I did to get into a habit of exercising is to do it pretty much every day. Make it a habit. Yes, it's hard on your body. But since you're going to do a strength workout it doesn't matter much. Have alternating upper body and lower body days, so your body gets some rest. And start slow!

A nice way to get into the habit of working out is to download the pushup app. You only need like 5-7min. in the beginning, but you get into the habit and it feels good afterwards. Another nice way is to do say 20 body weight squats everytime you go to the restroom. It may seem odd, but it can get you into a basic shape quite fast.

Print out a calendar and put it on your wall, then everyday you complete your workout put a big red check on that day, you make not make it every day but those slowly collecting red checks are encouraging. An easy one to start with might be doing the twety squats everytime you do x like eco said, or you could do the hundred pushups program, maybe 10 mins 3 times a week and it really works. On your off days just jog, ride your bike or do some gentle aerobic exercise.