the Fitness Thread

Looks like all us OCC'ers have given up on this subject! :lol:

any success stories yet??

anyway I'll start it back off...

Did full body workout today...high reps, low volume

shoot, i used to be very fit and athletic for an old guy and then i became a truck driver,...nowdays fugitabout it,...

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bump

who's still sticking to their fitness programs? for us Aussies being in the middle of our winter, the motivation wanes.

At work we've been doing a 12 week weightloss challenge. Just finished week 11 today. Been taking it really seriously. Even joined the local gym and have been having PT sessions once or twice a week. With a Work boot camp / group PT on wed nights. Most weeks have been hitting the gym 6 times a week.

week 1 weighed in at 94.7kg (~209lbs)

week 11 weighed in at 88.4kg (~195lbs) - actually put on 0.6kg / 1lbs this week

net loss to date 6.3kgs (~14lbs)

definitely looking much better / seeing results. looking to do either the 5km or 10km version of the Melbourne marathon come Oct & i have volunteered to fill in for my boss in the 30km version of the 30/50 challenge in Nov

next goal: get under 86kgs

Lost ~6 pounds of fat, gained about 3 pounds of muscle. Low-carb diet with running and exercise at home. Up to 30 pull ups at a time without too much trouble. :)

Good job on all of you loosing that much weight! I've been slacking the past 2 weeks due to vacation and inflammation in my right forearm (too much computer/heavy lifts)

I've started to transition into almost pure body weight exercises, which has made working out more fun for me, since it's not just lifting weights up and down. You also realize how weak some parts of your body are, because many barbell/dumbbell exercises are quite isolated. I'm working on my L-sit for instance, and have gotten to a 20 sec hold. You'll should try and look it up and give it a try. If it's too easy do a V-sit or a Manna  :doh:

Since I'm too stingy, I won't spend money on a gym membership. But it's actually amazing what you can achieve with using simple exercises such as pushups, situps, pull ups, dips etc. They can give results real fast and it's way more convenient. A nice way to get started is by downloading the pushup app for android (haven't tried iOS) and use that. It got me in real good shape and it takes no time at all.

Plus to me those kind of exercises makes more sense to me, since they sort of replicate everyday moves, where as a strict curl og a benchpress is not really applicable in everyday scenarios.

Except bodyweight exercises can never replace the iron

That's not to say body weight exercises are no good. But you won't ever really move on past a certain plateau.

I lifted 1.5 tons of limber into a truck the other day... :P

Other than that, I'm basically REALLY out of shape.

Damn. You are like the Hulk if you are able to lift 1.5 tons of lumber at once.