the Fitness Thread

You got to have a reason why you want to do it.

Mine is to get down to my weight in high school. I liked what I weighed then, so if I can get back to it, I'll be happy. Haven't weighed myself since Sunday, but I didn't drop the 25 pounds before my birthday like I had wanted. Was still at 22 pounds, which is close but not the 25 I wanted. I hit a plateau around the 5 pound mark and then managed to get to 20-22 a couple months after losing the first 5. Going to have to change up my workout some to lose another 20 or so.

I've been thinking of taking up running or something. Just to change it up. I haven't run at all really since high school, so that's about six years now. :lol:

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't gotten back into my workout routine for a little while, but I've been keeping up with my weight loss and everything.

So far, I've lost ~9" from around my midsection and ~6" from my waist. Weight I'm at about 32 pounds lost, and am aiming for at least 35 (hopefully more) by December 25. The weight doesn't seem like much to me when I look at myself, but when I try on older clothes that haven't fit in a few years and suddenly they do, yeah, that's awesome.

Haven't worked out in months. Got a more active job and im fitter leaner and in overall better shape because of it. Paycheck works a heck of a lot better than being able to say "i can do x reps of x excercise!".

Got a 5k coming up early next month. I am, to say the least, not ready for it lol

5k is when I wuss out of training..... it is close to the distance of my warm up and warm down added together haha got a ~2.1-2.2k ish warm up/warm down at the moment.

Been flat out and heavy rain and almost 40C days have scuttled plans of training but hopefully back into it with 10kms of interval training tomorrow after work

i jumped on the scales yesterday and even though i haven't done any running in at least 2 weeks i've still somehow managed to drop from ~88kgs to 86kgs. no really significant changes in diet. if anything i've been having salad with steak or sausages etc. more often the last month and a half due to warm weather. but i highly doubt that's the main reason. i think its more dodgy scales :lol:

@stoner you going to do tuff mudder in january? one of the guys at work is signing up for it.

Edited by bilcliff

Screw tuff mudder haha don't think ill be ready for that.

Also kiddies don't try a hard training sesh in shoes you have never run in before. Nearly strained my ankle last night and woke up this morning with my outer thigh screwed. No work today going to need to have a hot bath and spend time stretching and recovering.

No gym Freddy, been toying with training with my friend who is a PT but ATM its just running Tues and Thurs, 1000steps if I can on the weekend and try and get core work and pushups/pullups in each day.

I currently weigh 60.8kg (9st 8lb) at the moment and am ~6' 0', but that's teenagers for you  :dunno:

I do very little explicit exercise, but walk briskly at least ~2.5km per weekday, sometimes run ~0.5k of that  :lol:

I've been trying to lose weight for a while.  Currently at 179lbs.  Lowest recently was 168lbs back in September, highest was 203lbs; I was 183lbs throughout high school.  Have the equipment and the resources, just have trouble getting motivated.  I'd like to get down to 150lbs by summer.  After final exams are over, I will have no legitimate excuse whatsoever not to get off my butt and exercise.

It's a pretty viscious cycle: sick of feeling fat, eat more to cheer yourself up.  Exercise more, feel more hungry.  Excercise too much, take a break, hard to get the momentum back.

• 1 month later...