PlayStation 4 (PS4)

Fogel

Not too surprising, but still a nice confirmation that we'll see the system at E3.

I've too much time on my hands. Just went through and grabbed frames from that video. Here are the ones I think may be most interesting. Of course I've not been following the news too closely, so maybe these aren't that interesting.

22.PNG

Camera with two sensors, similar to Kinect and stereoscopic 3D cameras.

27.PNG

Looks like two analog sticks on the bottom right and left with a speaker grill in the middle and touchscreen above.

29.PNG

I've got no idea.

Here are all of the frames I got. Some appear to be of the controller, others of vents, and a few of the sides of the camera shown above

PS4 Tease.zip

The camera and controllers were shown before, so those aren't too surprising. The blurry box in the back though, well, that's what we're waiting to see. :lol:

Like I said, I've not been paying too close attention to PS4 news. I remember the controller having a touchscreen but I didn't remember anything about the speaker in it. Anyway, that black ball in the last screenshot is what I find weird. The console itself looks to me like it will be very similar in design to the PS3, though more box-y, with straight lines and right angles, based on other frames I didn't put in the post.

The name is Panopticon, posted by Japan Studio. Apparently more will be unveiled on the 21st.

Apparently it's a PS Vita game now called Freedom Wars.

What was initially called Panopticon is now named Freedom Wars. Described as a "multiplayer action game," or in other words heavily inspired by Monster Hunter, Freedom Wars will cap out at 8 players co-op and competitive modes. Unfortunately Freedom Wars will be exclusive to the PS Vita and remains a Japan-only release for now. Expect it out there in 2014.

So what about the insanity that was the first trailer for Panopticon/Freedom Wars? Well, players will take on the role of a convict in a post-apocalyptic future. No word on if you're a robot, alien or just super evolved human cyborg anime badass. You've been sentenced to a million years of hard labor fighting aliens known as Abuctors. Through fighting them and rescuing civilians and allies you can reduce your sentence until ultimately you're free... and still an anime robot kid.

The name is Panopticon, posted by Japan Studio. Apparently more will be unveiled on the 21st.

Apparently it's a PS Vita game now called Freedom Wars.

Well I'm glad to hear it's a Vita game, since that's what I own and I have no intention on buying a PS4, but boo on Japan-only. Hopefully that'll change, though I still have no idea what kind of game it is - could be something I wouldn't even like :lol:

Here is my reason for going to PS4 : 

PlayStation 4 Features

• Shut down your system mid-game, your game state is saved in RAM. Next time you power up your PS4, your game instantly boots up where you left off. No more loading game saves every time you turn off/on your console.
  • Spectate games your friends are currently playing.
  • Take over your friend's controller to help them get through a difficult spot in a game.
  • The DualShock 4 is completely redesigned. New triggers, enhanced latency, enhanced vibration, lightbar tracked via PlayStation Eye camera, touchpad, speaker, headset jack, new analog sticks, and includes a new Share button.
  • The Share button allows you to take screenshots and record gameplay footage and upload them to the web.
  • The PlayStation 4 can stream games and game demo's from the cloud. No more downloading gigs and gigs of files.
  • If you do want to download a game, all it takes is a fraction of the download to take place before you can begin playing.
  • Remote Play is returning from the PS3, and is much more of a focal point this go around. It allows you to play your PS4 games on your PS Vita.
  • PS4 will utilize smartphones and tablets to access and communicate with their friend list and play select titles in some capacity from PS4.
  • Background downloads, even with the PS4 in a low-power state.
  • Blu-Ray drive is 3x faster than that found in the PS3.
  • Future goal is to be able to stream all games from the PS1, PS2, PS3, and PS Vita to the PS4.
Edited by Gremlin

I can't read the actual article here, blocked, but I'm not liking the wording in the URL.  Is that just poor wording?

"sony-requiring-ps-vita-remote-play-for-all-playstation-4-games/"

No, that's exactly what Troy posted - Vita Remote Play will be mandatory unless the game requires the Eye or Move. The tech is built right into the PS4 itself, so devs don't really have to do anything special.