Fogel

PlayStation 4 (PS4)

If you're not moving your PS4 much, just run a long SATA cable from inside the case to an external full size hard drive. I used to do that with my PS3, until I kicked over the external and killed the HDD haha.

You should have wrapped the case+HDD with duct tape, duh!

Not even in the market for one and I still find that retarded.

So that means even just plugging in a USB drive wont work either?

WTF were they thinking?

I wonder if that will get 'enabled' at a later time, by Sony or by hackers at a later point?

Possibly.

The other thing that sucks is, presumably because to keep the thickness of the PS4 down, it only support 9.5mm hard drives, which is tiny! The biggest 9.5mm or less hard drive is only 1TB, while there ARE 2.5" hard drives that go up to 4TB - just significantly thicker.

4TB 2.5", where?

2TB. Sorry to get your hopes up :lol:

Still better than I knew was out (SSD in laptop so haven't been up on the latest high capacity mini drives). Nice

I think it's more bullshit you cant upgrade to any  hdd more than being able to use  a external. Just wait for that cfw.

I think it's more bullshit you cant upgrade to any  hdd more than being able to use  a external. Just wait for that cfw.

The internal restriction makes sense more than the external one since the internal restriction is based on space. The external one is really based on nothing, though I'm sure their reasoning is that external hard drives would make it easier to hack, just like why they use proprietary memcards for Vita.

The internal restriction makes sense more than the external one since the internal restriction is based on space. The external one is really based on nothing, though I'm sure their reasoning is that external hard drives would make it easier to hack, just like why they use proprietary memcards for Vita.

They're loving the profits on those overpriced pieces of garbage too (the memory cards)lol

I was at the mall today, so stopped in the Sony Store. They had PS4s set up with some game demos available. I played Knack and Contrast.

If you have even a slight interest in 3D platformers and/or are nostalgic for the Crash Bandicoot days, definitely get Knack. The demo was sadly extremely short and there were no special forms, but graphically it looks great - like playing a Pixar movie. I wouldn't say it really looks "next gen" simply because we've seen the Pixar look before, but it still looks good.

Contrast was hard to tell. I like the concept and the art style was good, but the demo was too short to tell how it would be, plus it was the beginning of the game, so it was tutorial-like and way too easy, thus hard to judge the game as a whole. The platforming was solid and the switching between the real world and shadow world was smooth.

They had a few other games, but that's all I checked out because they were the ones I was most interested in seeing first-hand.

And at 10' away it won't matter one bit. :lol:

+1, I remember I always was hating on the 720p TVs but then saw how great my friend's games were looking on his and I couldn't tell the difference. (The framerates will be consistently better as well)

My TV is 720p and perfectly fine for games, but it's a 26" so having it more than 4' away is pretty tough to read anything small. :lol:

2TB 9.5mm Samsung Drive for $129 announced

Obviously higher priced than desktop hard drives, but still very reasonable for the size...should make future PS4 owners very happy.

Hell yeah. :lol: Don't really mind the higher price since it'll be well worth it in the long run. And hey, could be a bit cheaper when I pick up a PS4 early next year.