PlayStation 4 (PS4)

Fogel

I agree Fuzion, I think Sony basically stuck it to Microsoft. I mean, $100 cheaper, it can play used games, requires no Internet connection for single-player, and doesn't have to phone home once a day to be sure it can still do what it's supposed to do.

Also, reveal video for the console.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SU7_d3e5Z6E

The xBox One can play used games. That additional $100 possibly covers the cost of the Kinect it comes with (meaning a PS4 with the Eye/Move could be the same price) and Microsoft really wants to push that tech. Got nothing on the other points.

Edit: Now seeing in some places that the PS Eye will be for $59, so that would make the difference $41, for a comparable package between the two.

the 24hour DRM bugs me. I don't always have internet and what is the best time to play games? when you have no internet lol. since neither console supports backwards support and all the stuff from the market place (I must have $500 or more in marketplace stuff) I don't see the point in sticking with Xbox, they screwed me and everyone who ever bought stuff on xbox live. It's simliar for sony but from my understanding only PS3 games are not supported from PSN.

The xBox One can play used games.

It can, but only if the publishers decide to support it. It's not an outright guarantee like the PS4.

Even though the PS4 lacks backwards compatibility, Sony has Gaikai launching in 2014 to cover streaming of pretty much any game you'd want. Plus, it's a region-free console so you can import games from another country and they'll play without issue.

The xBox One can play used games.

It can, but only if the publishers decide to support it. It's not an outright guarantee like the PS4.

Even though the PS4 lacks backwards compatibility, Sony has Gaikai launching in 2014 to cover streaming of pretty much any game you'd want. Plus, it's a region-free console so you can import games from another country and they'll play without issue.

And any publisher that decides not to support used games (with their disc-based titles) is going to see reduced numbers directly because of it. Look at the flame and anger sprouting up over a complete untruth; it will only be worse when there is actually something to complain about.

Also, as far as the region-free stuff goes, has anything been said about the xBox One? Maybe it will be region-free too, but they've not said. At least I can't remember anyone saying it is region-locked.

And any publisher that decides not to support used games (with their disc-based titles) is going to see reduced numbers directly because of it. Look at the flame and anger sprouting up over a complete untruth; it will only be worse when there is actually something to complain about.

Also, as far as the region-free stuff goes, has anything been said about the xBox One? Maybe it will be region-free too, but they've not said. At least I can't remember anyone saying it is region-locked.

The Xbox One is region-locked, so far as MS is saying. It was the same for the Xbox and Xbox 360, so not a huge surprise honestly.

The PS3, meanwhile, is region-free (with one or two exceptions), so it's nice its successor is the same way.

The xBox One can play used games. That additional $100 possibly covers the cost of the Kinect it comes with (meaning a PS4 with the Eye/Move could be the same price) and Microsoft really wants to puch that tech. Got nothing on the other points.

Edit: Now seeing in some places that the PS Eye will be for $59, so that would make the difference $41, for a comparable package between the two.

I think you're diminishing the importance of the Eye not being forced down consumers' throats like Kinect is. Yes, the extra price is absolutely because the Kinect is bundled with it, but that's exactly the problem. Not everyone cares about Kinect, but MS doesn't give those people an option of purchasing a base system (though honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if they now announce a Kinect-less version after Sony's PS4 unveil). For hardcore gamers that don't care about motion games, they can buy a PS4 for $399 and never buy Eye or Move and save themselves $100 compared to XBOne. That's a big deal to many people.

The xBox One can play used games. That additional $100 possibly covers the cost of the Kinect it comes with (meaning a PS4 with the Eye/Move could be the same price) and Microsoft really wants to push that tech. Got nothing on the other points.

I think you're diminishing the importance of the Eye not being forced down consumers' throats like Kinect is. Yes, the extra price is absolutely because the Kinect is bundled with it, but that's exactly the problem. Not everyone cares about Kinect, but MS doesn't give those people an option of purchasing a base system (though honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if they now announce a Kinect-less version after Sony's PS4 unveil). For hardcore gamers that don't care about motion games, they can buy a PS4 for $399 and never buy Eye or Move and save themselves $100 compared to XBOne. That's a big deal to many people.

I have no intent to diminish that, I just am not diminishing that Microsoft really wants people to use Kinect, and from that point of view, including it in everything makes perfect sense.

Just pre-ordered from Amazon.  I was 80/20 PS4 before E3 and from what I have seen Xbox One is not for me.  I usually don't pre-order consoles but I couldn't get a PS3 for months after release.