PlayStation 4 (PS4)

Fogel

I believe this is the final nail in the coffin for my plans on buying the next gen xbox over the PS4... I'll keep my 360 instead too :P

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-04-05-microsoft-creative-director-doesnt-understand-the-drama-around-having-an-always-on-console

Read the comments xD

Edited by DanTheGamer11

I believe this is the final nail in the coffin for my plans on buying the next gen xbox over the PS4... I'll keep my 360 instead too :P

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-04-05-microsoft-creative-director-doesnt-understand-the-drama-around-having-an-always-on-console

Read the comments xD

I read it but I didn't see anything that made me think the PS4 was different. Sony already said they aren't going to require always-on. Used games are up in the air still but I think sony is seeing what they can get away with once the new Xbox is announced.

Sony already said they're not blocking used games, nor requiring always-on. I think Dan just mis-worded his statement and meant that now that it seems MS is going to do both those things, he's jumping off the Xbox bandwagon and onto the PS4 instead.

I just don't understand the side of 'deal with it'.

We don't all have enterprise class 100% consistent internet, granted internet shouldn't really go out as much as it does (at least mine) but really THATS the fucking world we live in.

"every device is now 'always on'". "That's the world we live in," ... "These people should definitely get with the times and get the internet. It's awesome."

Completely out of the loop of the average person, I'd fire this guy just for these comments to be honest.

I just don't understand the side of 'deal with it'.

I'd fire this guy just for these comments to be honest.

:withstupid:

That had to be the most ignorant and arrogant corporate garbage I have read in a long time.  I don't even expect that from Bobby The Moron Kotick or any dimwit from EA.

Both the PS4 and NextBox were pretty much guaranteed purchases, but after that arrogant stupidity I'm putting the Wii U in front of the next xbox.

• 3 weeks later...

Well that pompous ass has been fired by MS so all is good.

According to this link the nextbox will be running W8 and have a chip similar to the CPU/GPU found in current 360s... will this be good enough to combat the PS4? I just to be able to play my current pc games without having to pay 60 euro to get them on Demand. It's silly that when you buy a game it's for all platforms.

Link withing a link :O http://news.softpedia.com/news/Weekend-Reading-Xbox-720-and-Rumor-Saturation-345142.shtml

Edited by DanTheGamer11

Well that pompous ass has been fired by MS so all is good.

Figured that would happen.  MS doesn't stand for that nonsense.  NextXBox here I come!

According to this link the nextbox will be running W8 and... who cares

Buh bye XBox, it was a pleasure doing business wit ya!   PEACE!

I'm sure Sony will keep their current online model to stay competitive. Free online play and an optional subscription membership with bonuses (discounts, early access to games, free games, and etc).

When is Steam Box info releasing :(

Edited by AZNguyen

• 2 weeks later...