Fogel

PlayStation 4 (PS4)

I really hope Beyond Two Souls makes its way onto PS4 after being on PS3...

It looks so amazing and I've already sold my PS3 before secondhand prices drop considerably.

To be clear, that article speaks primarily on the graphics capability of Haswell and AMD's APUs, and AMD clearly has the advantage there, and likely will for some time to come. Here is the full quote they cherry-picked from for their headline:

In essence, this means the graphics chip that developers are programming for is in a completely different class than what Intel is currently providing on the PC platform, and PC ports of next-generation console titles are likely to struggle to perform acceptably well on Intel-integrated solutions.

I can just see that AMD is trying to say that "If it's good enough for next-gen consoles, it's good enough for you". That's clearly not the case, because even now it is unlikely that publishers will just clone the console game onto PC.

I can just see that AMD is trying to say that "If it's good enough for next-gen consoles, it's good enough for you". That's clearly not the case, because even now it is unlikely that publishers will just clone the console game onto PC.

I really don't see how that point comes across from the article you linked to. That is just about how Intel may say Haswell is great for graphics and they're being innovative, but really AMD is the leader of the pack when it comes to this. In that regard, Intel CPUs will not be able to perform as well as an AMD APU. Also, because AMD is powering the consoles, you will likely see its architecture exploited, instead of Intel's, for improved performance ie. stuff will be AMD optimized and not Intel optimized (unless Intel throws money at them). Those optimizations may survive the porting process, especially since the APUs use the same CPU and GPU architectures as the stuff we buy for our computers, or close to it.

At some point we may see AMD marketing touting the idea that it powers consoles so it should also power your computer, but not yet. Plus, it would be more surprising if such a marketing plan were not used.

I think the funny thing is that no true PC gamer uses an integrated solution...and that's NEVER going to change, no matter how good AMD or Intel claim their solutions are.

So really, it doesn't matter what AMD says on the matter. Now if they said "discrete NVIDIA cards" instead of "integrated Intel solutions"....dem would be fighting words :lol:

I really hope APU gets to the point where you can enjoy 1080p gaming without a discrete card. If Valve ever releases a Steam box, a base model with just an APU will be a great low entry point for most people. Chops off that $100-300 dedicated GPU. I will die happy the day my LAN rig is just an APU + SSD + SSF PSU. I won't have to bring a dolly to carry everything in at once.

That article is just saying AMD's APU graphical performance beats Intel's Haswell graphical performance and it really does haha.

I really hope APU gets to the point where you can enjoy 1080p gaming without a discrete card. If Valve ever releases a Steam box, a base model with just an APU will be a great low entry point for most people. Chops off that $100-300 dedicated GPU. I will die happy the day my LAN rig is just an APU + SSD + SSF PSU. I won't have to bring a dolly to carry everything in at once.

That article is just saying AMD's APU graphical performance beats Intel's Haswell graphical performance and it really does haha.

:withstupid:

bleh

the console looks odd

too trapezoidial

and just what the hell

I'm sure I may grow to like it, but its just so weird.