Am I The Only One?

Bosco

yeah.. as new games and things come out, I jump on the bandwagon. I usually forget about all the old stuff..

I'll be the first person in line when they come out with gaming neural interfaces. :D

RPG's are kinda like peer-pressure...

I don't really play em that much unless it's like

a certain game that's pretty cool and easy to get a hold

of.. I always ended up burning playstation rpg's like a year after they

come out of so after lookin for so long to get a hold of

the game, and the reason I wanted 2 play was cause everyone

else did... Ex. Final Fantasy games and such....

But ya someone said they liked text rpg's (I'm tired right now... no caffine in my system, sad but true...), probly my fav. RPG would be this Mud called Sanity's Edge I used to play....I think I've talked about it here somewhere or another... really easy to get into and thats the kind of RPG I like...

not some crap where I don't know where I am or what Im doing in the game and get bored of reading stuff... I guess that's probly a motivational issue... which brings me 2 my next point... WE NEED MORE CYBERPUNK RPGS! heh

I enjoyed them... I actually spent $9.95 a month for like 5 years playing pay-to=play RPGs. :/

Most of the traditional ones have very little action, I'll give you that. But some of the online games I've played.... Imigine the big battle from Braveheart, or the opening war from Gladiator, then multiply it by 100... that's some of the battles I've seen in RPG games. Litteraly thousands of people on the same server, attempting to kill everyone else... it can be better than FPS at times...

Though nothing gets me better than UT, HL, DOOM, and the like. :)

Lot of FPS players in here I see... How about a fusion of sorts? Deus Ex or System Shock 2. Both are futuristic FPS's, each with plenty of action for the adrenaline junky and a good story with character progression for the RPG fan. I haven't played SS2 so I can't say much about it, but I've heard that it rocked. As for Deus Ex, I played it, I loved it, it rocks. Multiple endings, several story paths to take (although most of the alternatives are minutia, the majority of the game is pretty linear).

And for the classic sword and sorcery types, get yourselves a copy of Morrowind. More RPG, plenty of hack and slash, and lots of character progression.