NVIDIA GTX 680 Reviewed

Bosco

Looks like you mixed up the order of the graphs on the temperature page. The overclocked temps are shown being lower than the stock temps.

Overclocked Fan is maxed out hence the drop in temps.

And then do post some benchmarks & 3DMark11 score. (later part is imp for nyt. :evilgrin: )

I would really like to have it on water for the benchmarks, any idea when water blocks for it will be coming out?

What happened this round...Nvidia's card is cheaper and more power efficient, both of which were AMD's thing in the past..and it's faster in most games as well.

My favorite is that the AMD fanboys on some other forums are saying the reviews are all bad because of the Boost Clock thing..52mhz gonna make a massive difference..LOL

I really don't see why the negative reaction to GPU Boost. Intel and AMD have been doing that with their CPUs for a few generations now, did anyone complain about that? When I launch CPU-Z, it shows a mere 2GHz until I start doing something (or move my mouse around violently), and then it hops up to the "correct" 3GHz. IMO, that's a good thing...why would I want my components using more power than needed? I'm surprised it took this long for a GPU to have that feature.

I really don't see why the negative reaction to GPU Boost. Intel and AMD have been doing that with their CPUs for a few generations now, did anyone complain about that? When I launch CPU-Z, it shows a mere 2GHz until I start doing something (or move my mouse around violently), and then it hops up to the "correct" 3GHz. IMO, that's a good thing...why would I want my components using more power than needed? I'm surprised it took this long for a GPU to have that feature.

I agree with this. But here is why, people are trying to justify their GPU purchase and make themselves feel better. Honestly, if I had an HD 7970 I would keep it and still be happy. Nothing wrong with it.

I really like the Boost idea, seems Nvidia is starting to make some good technologies, let's see how TXAA turns out =)

The thing is I'm surprised AMd didn't reduce their prices... probably taking advantage of the limited stock...

They probably will...it just officially launched last night....AMD would need a little more than 12 hours to notify all partners of a price cut.