[WTS] Onion's car fund!

Onion

If you're getting bad understeer on your GTI you're overdriving it (aka driving poorly). My friend got one a while ago and it handles like it's on rails as long as you don't push it too hard. I don't really like the Turbo lag but that's because I'm spoiled with torque. :lol:

There's no way you'll be faster in an archaic Datsun 280. :P

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're getting bad understeer on your GTI you're overdriving it (aka driving poorly). My friend got one a while ago and it handles like it's on rails as long as you don't push it too hard. I don't really like the Turbo lag but that's because I'm spoiled with torque. :lol:

There's no way you'll be faster in an archaic Datsun 280. :P

Yeah, you have to stay away from the throttle in the corners. Sadly, in a GTI, "overdriving" happens even with little to no throttle. It's a good car, but not a race car. You'd be surprised what a 280 can do btw. It's not guaranteed I'm going for a 280, but I know I want an older car because they're easier to work on. By the way, I wasn't expecting car advice from someone with a tiger Cobalt and a broken Honda. :lol:

In the condition of the one I was looking at (78k km on clock) $3500 was being asked and it was roadworthied registered and fully serviced.

It's not considered collectible so you could easy pick up the body cheap with bust running gear.

That's not bad, maybe I'll look around, but I doubt I'll find one.

Edited by l33t p1mp

I sold parts to buy a car one time...it didn't end well. :(

What happened? And the stuff I'm selling is just useless things I've got laying around the house, so it's no big deal. :P

Yeah, you have to stay away from the throttle in the corners. Sadly, in a GTI, "overdriving" happens even with little to no throttle. It's a good car, but not a race car. You'd be surprised what a 280 can do btw. It's not guaranteed I'm going for a 280, but I know I want an older car because they're easier to work on. By the way, I wasn't expecting car advice from someone with a tiger Cobalt and a broken Honda. :lol:

You don't have to stay out of the throttle any more than you would in a RWD car.

As for ripping on BluePanda's Cavalier or my Cobalt...I'd put $200 on me beating you around any Autocross course or race track. Remember - we actually paid our own money for our cars. :lol:

Shoulda told your dad to get the Golf R if you're complaining about the GTI being FWD. Then again, not like you'd need the AWD Golf R in Florida. :P

Golf R is garbage, the MK5 R32 was the last good VW they made, that VR6 motor is bulletproof. My friend just traded in his red R32 for a Jeep (idiot!). The new R is 4 cylinder turbo'd to reduce emissons.. two words.. GAS GUZZLER. :lol:

l33t I'd say find cheap Honda. Cheap parts, gas mileage is good, and reliable motors. Don't hate on FWD. Would you rather have some junk RWD car with no limited diff.? Go with something cheap, FWD. Can't go wrong with that for a first car. :)

You don't have to stay out of the throttle any more than you would in a RWD car.

As for ripping on BluePanda's Cavalier or my Cobalt...I'd put $200 on me beating you around any Autocross course or race track. Remember - we actually paid our own money for our cars. :lol:

If you come down to Miami, I'll race you in my own car.

Gonna take a lot of those useless things to buy a car......

I've already got a decent amount of money, I'm just selling some crap that's sitting around because it's taking up space and I don't mind having a couple more dollars.

Shoulda told your dad to get the Golf R if you're complaining about the GTI being FWD. Then again, not like you'd need the AWD Golf R in Florida. :P

Not my car, not my choice. When he bought it, I knew it was just a temporary car until I went to college.

Golf R is garbage, the MK5 R32 was the last good VW they made, that VR6 motor is bulletproof. My friend just traded in his red R32 for a Jeep (idiot!). The new R is 4 cylinder turbo'd to reduce emissons.. two words.. GAS GUZZLER. :lol:

l33t I'd say find cheap Honda. Cheap parts, gas mileage is good, and reliable motors. Don't hate on FWD. Would you rather have some junk RWD car with no limited diff.? Go with something cheap, FWD. Can't go wrong with that for a first car. :)

I agree with the R32, they're awesome. I don't like any of the MKVI golfs, that's why we got a used MKV. As for driving a Honda, nope. Never. Yes, I would rather have a junk RWD car. :lol: I'm also looking at a 2004 Mustang GT 40th anniversary, my friend has one and he really likes it. They're decently priced, and parts are dirt cheap. I can't drive a Honda after years of complaining about those annoying ricers with their fart cannons and their NOS.

By the way, thanks for all the free bumps guys. :D

Edited by l33t p1mp

If you come down to Miami, I'll race you in my own car.

Which one would that be again?

Do remember that my Cobalt isn't exactly stock (not that it really matters much) - it'll wipe the floor with your GTI or whatever car is actually yours in both a drag race and an actual race around a track. ;)

Which one would that be again?

Do remember that my Cobalt isn't exactly stock (not that it really matters much) - it'll wipe the floor with your GTI or whatever car is actually yours in both a drag race and an actual race around a track. ;)

Sure, run me. By the way, stage 1 GTI, which is just a 600 dollar chip, drops you down into the high 5's. If I remember correctly, the Cobalt with the supercharger is like high 6's stock.

Leet weren't you looking at a cuda a little while back? What happened?

Insurance cost a lot, and we would need to have a locked garage etc. Also the guy selling the car didn't finish restoring it, so it wasn't ready to buy when we needed to buy a car. Our garage isn't long enough to store a car as big as a cuda. The GTI barely fits. If I can find a classic American car within my price range, I would probably take it. I love older cars.

Edited by l33t p1mp