[WTS] Onion's car fund!

Onion

Something something pot... something something kettle...

Would be true if I had a fancy performance overdone car which I do not :) Furthermore, I am not of working age in SA so I cant work without going to jail and therefore cant pay for anything myself and I sure like normal life and not prison life :lol:

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would be true if I had a fancy performance overdone car which I do not :) Furthermore, I am not of working age in SA so I cant work without going to jail and therefore cant pay for anything myself and I sure like normal life and not prison life :lol:

You can't work at 16? Lame....... I was working 8 hour days on a farm by 16.

leet, this seems to have turned from, as you put it to begin with "a car to drive to college" to "a race car". Which one are you actually after?

No because the driving age here is 18. Do you even have a car thats not paid for by your parents yet?

I still don't think you're in a position to make that comment. I've got the money to buy myself a car, just waiting for the ideal one to pop up.

Speedcrazy, I want a race car. I can't afford two cars, so I'll be driving the race car to college, but I won't do anything major until I get a daily driver.

Edited by l33t p1mp

I still don't think you're in a position to make that comment. I've got the money to buy myself a car, just waiting for the ideal one to pop up.

Speedcrazy, I want a race car. I can't afford two cars, so I'll be driving the race car to college, but I won't do anything major until I get a daily driver.

You gonna park it on campus?

I keep thinking it'll be like that VW commercial or whichever where the mom is driving this riced out Honda Del Sol to the grocery store. Everyone gives her funny looks and then we find out it's her daughter's boyfriend's car. :lol:

I won't be living on campus, so I'll be parked on campus (most likely), but only for when I have classes.

I keep thinking it'll be like that VW commercial or whichever where the mom is driving this riced out Honda Del Sol to the grocery store. Everyone gives her funny looks and then we find out it's her daughter's boyfriends' car. :lol:

I'm the opposite of a ricer. :lol:

Any race car worthy of the name generally can't be driven on the street.

I'm the opposite of a ricer. :lol:

How do you figure? You won't even consider a Honda because of what other people do to them. :blink:

Any race car worthy of the name generally can't be driven on the street.

How do you figure? You won't even consider a Honda because of what other people do to them. :blink:

"Generally."

Because Hondas are FWD and if I wanted a FWD race car, I could just keep the GTI. I also don't like 4 cylinder engines, I'd much rather have a v8 or straight 6.

The GTI is FWD and understeers like hell. I've taken it to an autocross event and it was terrible lol.

I am the only one who drives it right now, because my brother and I go to the same school, so I drive him etc, but when I leave, my dad will need to drive him and go do all the chores, so he'll need the car.

The GTI IS nice, but in the end, it's still front wheel drive, which is no good for the track. Older cars are surprisingly good, but they need some work before they're track ready. Toyota Supra, Mazda RX-7, etc. Great cars, and they're not that new.

I race FWD cars, and all that understeer meas is your chassis is not set up for what you are doing or you're on the wrong line lol. My Honda is almost neutral no matter what corner or what speed I throw at it. It's also an $18k Honda lol

gl with the racing though, best hobby there is :)

AWD Charger V8?

I like chargers but they only come in automatic, so they're out of the question.

I race FWD cars, and all that understeer meas is your chassis is not set up for what you are doing or you're on the wrong line lol. My Honda is almost neutral no matter what corner or what speed I throw at it. It's also an $18k Honda lol

gl with the racing though, best hobby there is :)

If I had 18,000 to spend on a car, I'd probably go for a Pontiac GTO, maybe a Honda S2000, RX-7 or even an RX-8.