[WTS] Onion's car fund!

Onion

Try and find a AP2 S2k. The more current ones had a revised suspension to help kill oversteer. I think they also tuned the motor to put out more torque in the later ones too.

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't go out and buy a sports bike for your first bike. :teehee:

Depends on the person. It's true for some people that are mostly young and dumb. But some of us have self control. As long as you don't ride beyond your experience you'll be ok buying a more expensive and powerful bike. I mostly recommend not buying an expensive first bike to people but for a different reason...in case they drop it while learning the basics :biggrin:

+1..don't get a sport bike for your first proper bike...my uncle rides a r1..but he had a 50cc, 125cc, 250cc, 600cc, 750cc before he got the beast..you have to gradually get to the top with bikes...

or if you like the noise of one....get an old mini or fiat 500 and then drop dual r1 engines in it...:D...look on youtube

Try and find a AP2 S2k. The more current ones had a revised suspension to help kill oversteer. I think they also tuned the motor to put out more torque in the later ones too.

That's what I'm looking at right now. They're pretty nice. Gonna give a guy a call for a test drive this week.

Depends on the person. It's true for some people that are mostly young and dumb. But some of us have self control. As long as you don't ride beyond your experience you'll be ok buying a more expensive and powerful bike. I mostly recommend not buying an expensive first bike to people but for a different reason...in case they drop it while learning the basics :biggrin:

Surprisingly, I've got some self control. My first car was a BMW 745i, which oversteered like crazy if you got near the throttle without the traction control. The 245's in the rear weren't anywhere near wide enough for 330 torque. I learned to take it slow, and little by little, give it more gas in the corners and in the straights. When I was just starting out, going 100 mph was enough to get the adrenaline going (WOT of course, not cruising), but now even 140 isn't that big a deal. (Not on public roads, people!) The moral is yes, I'm well aware that if I go beyond my limits I can wrap my car (or bike) around a tree, and I don't plan on it.

+1..don't get a sport bike for your first proper bike...my uncle rides a r1..but he had a 50cc, 125cc, 250cc, 600cc, 750cc before he got the beast..you have to gradually get to the top with bikes...

or if you like the noise of one....get an old mini or fiat 500 and then drop dual r1 engines in it...:D...look on youtube

I've seen the old mini with the hayabusa engine in the back. It's completely stripped out, rear wheel drive, and fast as hell! I'd do it except that it wouldn't have AC, and no reverse.

To clarify, I doubt I'll get a bike, or even a scooter, but it's always a possibility. I'm thinking either Miata, S2000, or if I get lucky an RX-7 or Supra.

Edited by l33t p1mp

I've seen the old mini with the hayabusa engine in the back. It's completely stripped out, rear wheel drive, and fast as hell! I'd do it except that it wouldn't have AC, and no reverse.

you just use a high torque electric motor for reverse...

and for ac...hmm...ice water...haha

or you can always rip one out of a car a custom fit it in it...;)

as I did some research before, because me and a friend were going to do it..

Edited by Il_napoletano

you just use a high torque electric motor for reverse...

and for ac...hmm...ice water...haha

or you can always rip one out of a car a custom fit it in it...;)

as I did some research before, because me and a friend were going to do it..

Does thing this get really expensive? How long does it take to get the car operational? If I do end up doing this, I'd only have about 2 months to work on it before school starts, and then I'd need a working vehicle.

it all depends on your resources and how much time you spend on it... i've read about people who say they completed it in 3months just working on it in weekends...

costs...depends..I don't know what prices are like over there..for the bike's engine and gearbox..etc..but we was going to make a track car but we already had the mini and a donor bike..and it was going to cost about €2,500

and one other thing...to make it road legal would probably take longer and you would have to check your state laws

Bike: Ninja EX250R Plenty of power, very maneuverable, inexpensive to buy, and decent on gas(I get 50-60MPG). The only thing that sucks is that United States is retarded and even the revised model (2008+) is still carburetor ( :sick: ), that's the ONLY reason I want to get a 600cc otherwise I'd tune up my 250cc a little stronger and gear it out for less engine wear at highway speeds and better mileage. (especially since the gears are way to close together and you're in sixth in at like 40 mph...I'd rather have more versatility for having 6 gears)

Car: My previously mentioned candidates (maybe their lower forms and then bump them up yourself with swapping heads/intake manifolds etc. for cheaper?)

Edited by IVIYTH0S

That's what I'm looking at right now. They're pretty nice. Gonna give a guy a call for a test drive this week.

Noice! Your gonna love driving that car, it must hug the road so well. :biggrin:

it all depends on your resources and how much time you spend on it... i've read about people who say they completed it in 3months just working on it in weekends...

costs...depends..I don't know what prices are like over there..for the bike's engine and gearbox..etc..but we was going to make a track car but we already had the mini and a donor bike..and it was going to cost about €2,500

and one other thing...to make it road legal would probably take longer and you would have to check your state laws

I used to be interested in doing that. Maybe I will do it lol.