[WTS] Onion's car fund!

Onion

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine sat at redline for nearly 70,000 miles and never had major problems. :whistling:

Dope engine other than that pump problem, just kinda rare to see that motor in an E36 since their a lot of $$ second hand. Swaps are a lot work, realizing that now with my E30. But if you got the cash and time it's a ton of fun and a great learning experience.

Edited by MJCRO

I sense a bit of exaggeration here. :lol:

I pushed that engine on a daily basis. It's spent a good amount of time at high revs.

It probably was replaced by the dealer on warranty, your pops own it? Dope engine other than that pump problem, just kinda rare to see that motor in an E36 since their a lot of $$ second hand. Swaps are a lot work, realizing that now with my E30. But if you got the cash and time it's a ton of fun and a great learning experience.

Nope, never did any work with the dealer, and I was the one who took care of maintenance on the car. My dad was in France for the last 2-3 years when we owned the car, so I was driving it as if it were mine, taking it to the garage to get fixed, etc. Never had a problem with the HPFP.

Lots of problems with the N54 I hear, HPFP's were known to fail a lot for that motor, there was a huge recall back in the day. 90's and back was when BMW actually made decent motors.

I've been through two :ouch:

I pushed that engine on a daily basis. It's spent a good amount of time at high revs.

Nope, never did any work with the dealer, and I was the one who took care of maintenance on the car. My dad was in France for the last 2-3 years when we owned the car, so I was driving it as if it were mine, taking it to the garage to get fixed, etc. Never had a problem with the HPFP.

What's year's the car? Derp only the E90 3 series that had the issue.

Edited by MJCRO

What's year's the car?

2002, the most unreliable year for the E65. Mine was the first production month as well, or maybe the second. I was expecting it to explode, but it didn't, surprisingly. In a way, it was a very reliable car. It kept running with a dieing alternator, it kept running with little to no coolant (leak), it kept running with no power steering fluid (leak), and it kept running with a leaky gas tank (two, actually). That doesn't even begin to cover the trouble I've had with that car.

Edited by l33t p1mp

2002, the most unreliable year for the E65. Mine was the first production month as well, or maybe the second. I was expecting it to explode, but it didn't, surprisingly.

The 745i had the N62. Damnit I can't keep track of who's car were talking about, no computer and I'm relying on the iPhone till I can get a replacement. >_<

This is turning into Bimmer Forums :lol: We need to talk about PC's now. How bout that GTX 680? :lol:

Edited by MJCRO

2002, the most unreliable year for the E65.

That year/engine will barely do a mid-7 second 0-60 - a Miata would actually be faster assuming you could launch/shift well. :D

This is turning into Bimmer Forums :lol: We need to talk about PC's now. How bout that GTX 680? :lol:

We could talk about how iDrive was/is infuriating. :teehee:

That year/engine will barely do a mid-7 second 0-60 - a Miata would actually be faster assuming you could launch/shift well. :D

It's been clocked at 5.9 multiple times on stock tires, and even lower on better tires.

iDrive wasn't all that bad. Just took some getting used to.

Top Gear just comes to mind when Clarkson just craps on it in reviews. :lol:

It's been clocked at 5.9 multiple times on stock tires, and even lower on better tires.

260 HP, 4200+ pound curb weight, and a 5.9 second 0-60? I find that incredibly hard to believe. :dunno: