Possible CPU failure pending?

Okay so im still tweaking this budget side rig and something happened that ive never seen so far in all my years of pc building and tweaking..

I am running a Intel Pentium Dual Core E2200 OC @ 2.77Ghz highest i can oc on this 45$ board..at those speeds i am way under budget on Temps and up until today ran Prime for hours on end no hitches. PC has been acting up last few days and BSOD'ing every now and then during heavy gaming ive lowered the Clock speed from 2.8ghz to the now 2.77Ghz and seems to of solved issue HOWEVER when i run Prime i get fatal errors on core #1 only 3 mins in and Core Temp then reads Core 1 at 0% load after error with a BSOD shortly following. yet all games WOW, Mass Effect 3 and Borderlands run amazingly but if i do a prime run at max power consumption and heat setting i get a core failure on core 1 and a BSOD shortly following. ive checked all hardware connection even re seating Heatsink on CPU all yield same result..games run fine but if i do a prime run i get a core failure...what gives?

Sorry ive since fixed the problem idk if it was the MOBO causing issue or what but ive uped the Multiplier to 11x and lowered the FSB to 246mhz to acheieve a 2.7ghz OC as opposed to 2.8Ghz with a 10x Multi and 280 FSB..no problems anymore..weird tho none the less