Crossfire Crash

So my troubles began with the new HDDs that I recently purchased. Up until I installer them (120GB Corsair Force 3, 1TB Seagate Baraacuda) everything worked just fine, but when I did, I couldn't boot. Had to do a clean install on the SSD after everything else failed, so I re-downloaded all of my drivers and now crossfire will not work.

This is what I have tried (in no particular order):

Re-seating the cards

Swapping the card in the PCIe slots

Re-seating the Crossfire bridge, and switching it to a different bridge point on the cards

Re-Installing the drivers (three times)

Disabling and re-enabling crossfire in CCC (or whatever it is called now)

Disabling and re-enabling Dual GPU support in Bios

Flashing the CMOS

and none of that seems to work. CCC shows two different cards, as does GPU-Z, and the Device manager shows both 5770's, but in GPU-Z it says Crossfire is disabled, and in CCC the second card is shown as 0% on everything, and the clock speeds all read really low.

Also on GPU-Z, it says both of the Cards are running at x8... Which is really weird considering my mobo supports both cards running at x16, as they were this morning. I am starting to think It is my power supply maybe? Or possibly the fact that I have too much crap crammed into my SATA II connectors (which I heard share the same bus as the GPU's sometimes???)

Here is my gear, I can provide screenshots of everything if anybody wants.

Phenom II x4 965 BE Stock

ASUS M4A79T Deluxe (790FX)

x2 Sapphire Radeon HD 5770 1GB

x2 1TB Seagate Barracuda (one is sata III, one is sata II)

120GB Corsair Force 3 SSD

8GB G-Skill Ripjaws DDR3 1333

Corsair TX650W PSU

Corsair H50 in Push/Pull

NZXT Touch-Screen Fan Controller

x2 200MM fans

x5 120MM LED Fans

and a generic ASUS DVD burner

Help?!

Seems like you are running a lot for a 650W PSU. Two 5770's require a 600w at least, and you have a TON of extra stuff feeding off of it. Where are all of your fans connected? Other than that, I have no idea man. Hope ya get it figured out.

Install your motherboard chipset drivers, then reboot. Then uninstall CCC again but use Atiman Uninstaller v.6.3.1. Then continue onto Step 5 on the guide in my sig: [Guide] How to update AMD Catalyst Drivers. When you're done, enable Crossfire in CCC.

So I need to uninstall and reinstall my chipset, then CCC? Never tried that. Thanks!

To answer the previous question most of the fans are plugged into my fan controller, only the push/pull configure on the H50 is plugged into my mobo.

Alright, got crossfire to work, shows both in MSI afterburner and GPU-Z, but in MSI it shows the core clock at 157Mhz for the second card, and the memory clock at 300Mhz. Any idea why it isnt running normally? Btw, on GPU-Z it shows both running at x16, with a core clock of 850Mhz and a Memory Clock of 1200Mhz.

Edited by mojunikey7

Alright, got crossfire to work, shows both in MSI afterburner and GPU-Z, but in MSI it shows the core clock at 157Mhz for the second card, and the memory clock at 300Mhz. Any idea why it isnt running normally? Btw, on GPU-Z it shows both running at x16, with a core clock of 850Mhz and a Memory Clock of 1200Mhz.

If the second card is at those clocks while just browsing the web, that is fine. If it does that while gaming, then you have a problem. Those clocks are what the card drops down to in order to save power, nothing out of the ordinary unless it doesn't spool back up to the 3D clocks.

If the second card is at those clocks while just browsing the web, that is fine. If it does that while gaming, then you have a problem. Those clocks are what the card drops down to in order to save power, nothing out of the ordinary unless it doesn't spool back up to the 3D clocks.

Yeah, figured that out when I ran OCCT arlier. Thank you guys for all of your help. Turns out the new catalyst control center was causing the problem. Threw in my old driver disc from sapphire and told CCC and the drivers not to update and its working fine now. All I had to do after that was reset my fan curve.in afterburner so they wont go above 78c on full load.

Edited by mojunikey7