MAX4U

LED strip eye candy for my cabinet, nice and cheap

hi there.. well this can be applied to any cabinet having a nice ground clearance, got the LED strip 2 meters was sufficient , also requires some basic solder skills and may be a bit of patience and planning

places added LED strips, my cabinet, CM Strom, had already a front fan with red LED, so firstly got the idea of putting the strip beneath the cabinet and it looked very nice. .. but the glow overrides the default lighting system, so had to open the front panel and put some pieces of strip before the fan and that pretty much balanced the overall look, then pasted some to the cabinet door, so that they dont focus outside all my room, instead they just glow inside the box..

here are some pic in darkness and normal operating conditions.

before the setup..

_I0266.jpg

after the setup,,..

_2012-03-17021617.jpg

_2012-03-17021326.jpg

Looks awesome. Kind of looks like a UFO landing on your desk lol. :D

It could be just the effect of the camera, but it looks so bright that it might be annoying when you are trying to focus on the screen. Tried gaming in the dark with it? I would just be distracted at little lol.

It looks pretty cool in any case though! :thumbsup:

Edited by 90sgamer

That's mad bright, I used to have ambient LED's running in my room but after a few months I realized they affected my mood from seeing them all the time.

Here's a good read about it.

Looks awesome. Kind of looks like a UFO landing on your desk lol. :D

It could be just the effect of the camera, but it looks so bright that it might be annoying when you are trying to focus on the screen. Tried gaming in the dark with it? I would just be distracted at little lol.

It looks pretty cool in any case though! :thumbsup:

the lighting doesn't distract gamming in the dark, as the lights are faced down, they dont directly focous on you..

Looks good. Question, You are using those cathodes outside your cabinet, right?

it isn't a cathode d6, they are LED strip lights..