Bulldozer

isq000

• 2 weeks later...

well yeah thnx again .. by now ive had a lot of fun with gaming and such anyway ive decided to upgrade the memory to 8 Gb and ill get some electric blue coated cables should look way better .. gona post the pics later on :)

Another update to my PC

well since ive noticed the Temp sometimes goes up to 50 C CPU/GPU decide to get an NesteQ - 5.25'' Rheobus - 8 Channels - FanMax - NFS2108B - Black so i could decrease the temp for system and GPU and it will give a nice look to the case aswell

Link to FanControler - http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002B7LD60/sr=8-2-fkmr0/qid=1333994849/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=&qid=1333994849&sr=8-2-fkmr0&seller=

Why would a fan controller decrease temps? Unless you're adding fans a controller just gives you the option of making your computer quiet.

Why would a fan controller decrease temps? Unless you're adding fans a controller just gives you the option of making your computer quiet.

Bcause i am not able to control all of the fans ive got(the speed of em),so if i'll be able to increase the rpm to at least of some of them it would increase the air flow aswell ( correct me if i am wrong ) an stable decent flow = lower temp ( isnt it ?)

Edited by isq000

Yeah but you'll have to watch your ambient too. Also check for dust clogs and other obstruction.

regarding this ... i am aware of it already. Main cleaning every month /sometimes once a week (still got to work on cable management a little) the rest is alright just need some more rpm.will see how it goes ... might have to change the fans.

Bcause i am not able to control all of the fans ive got(the speed of em),so if i'll be able to increase the rpm to at least of some of them it would increase the air flow aswell ( correct me if i am wrong ) an stable decent flow = lower temp ( isnt it ?)

If you hook the fans up directly to the power supply, they are at max speed. My old fan controller actually *limited* the max speed of my fans (I only used it to control the fans to make them go as slow as they'd go without turning off so they were whisper quiet, and the performance difference between full speed and slowest was minimum but the noise difference was night and day)

If you hook the fans up directly to the power supply, they are at max speed. My old fan controller actually *limited* the max speed of my fans

Most controllers will bring the top speed of the fans down *slightly*. It's not terribly noticeable on most controllers but some bring top-end RPM down by about 10%.

Most controllers will bring the top speed of the fans down *slightly*. It's not terribly noticeable on most controllers but some bring top-end RPM down by about 10%.

So they all do it?? I thought maybe I just had a lower quality unit (Sunbeam Rheobus 4 fan controller, which i thought was one of the decent ones but it didn't cost me much)

My Scythe Kaze Q certainly did it to a noticeable degree. Most of the higher quality units tend not to do it as much, but I don't think any of them have a pure enough pass-through to not affect the RPM slightly.

Mine also burned out a channel running well under the rated power...so take that as you will. I run all my fans directly from my PSU now.

My Scythe Kaze Q certainly did it to a noticeable degree. Most of the higher quality units tend not to do it as much, but I don't think any of them have a pure enough pass-through to not affect the RPM slightly.

Mine also burned out a channel running well under the rated power...so take that as you will. I run all my fans directly from my PSU now.

Do they all use variable resistors to control speed? That's what annoyed me, I wanted to save power along with quiet my ultrakazes down and all it did was make those little fan channel heat sinks burning hot :glare: