Funny things non computer savy friends tell you

Il_napoletano

Hi guys

This is a thread I thought I would post as my friend called me yesterday and told me that he had got a new gpu second hand..for $5....and he wanted me to install it...long story short..it turned out that he had bought hinself a pci lan card, not a gpu...:lol:

so thought I would make a post for you to share your stories of non computer savy friends :)

3.Mac is better.

THIS ^^ :lol:

I always get my parents messing up and confusing absolutely everything to do with the home network. Calling the modem the router and vice-versa and thinking the modem has a wireless capabilities and for some strange reason mum thinks the PC in my room is running off the home wireless.....

I would kill myself if it was, which is why I am happy that I was the one that rewired the house for the ariel and network. Now there are three rooms with a flawless connection to both the ariel on the roof and to the router one of those rooms mine (and yet I am using wireless :lol: ) as well as a few more rooms with ariel connection.

RAM just dont get me started... it is always the first thing they ask about when there is a problem going on about it not working or there not being enough, just about ready to give up on humanity

They look at my girlfriend's computer and see the Antech Kuhler H20 620. "Wow, you watercool your computer?"

I reply, "No, that's not really watercooling." I point to my systems. "That's watercooling."

I worked with the most clueless guy to ever work IT... needless to say he was only around for a little while. We were working on a client's computer soon after he was hired...

Him: *Points at two hard drives and speaks in amazed voice* "Why does this computer have two sound cards!!??" :O

Me: :pfp:

• Like 1

"Internet can be wireless?"

"I won't buy anything with less than 8GB of RAM in it" when referring to a laptop for under $400

"I've been in the computer business for 20 years kid, I think I know more than you" after I assured him he didn't need 16 GB of RAM to run windows 7 without lag

"RAM is best"

"RAM"

"Why isnt there more RAM"

"RAm"

ram

ram

ford

ram

ram

Used to work as a computer salesman and whenever someone started a session with anything related to RAM I knew the sale wasn't going to go well.

• Like 1

THIS ^^ :lol:

I always get my parents messing up and confusing absolutely everything to do with the home network. Calling the modem the router and vice-versa and thinking the modem has a wireless capabilities and for some strange reason mum thinks the PC in my room is running off the home wireless.....

I would kill myself if it was, which is why I am happy that I was the one that rewired the house for the ariel and network. Now there are three rooms with a flawless connection to both the ariel on the roof and to the router one of those rooms mine (and yet I am using wireless :lol: ) as well as a few more rooms with ariel connection.

RAM just dont get me started... it is always the first thing they ask about when there is a problem going on about it not working or there not being enough, just about ready to give up on humanity

^:lol:

same as us...me and my dad rewired the ethernet so we can have hardwire in the office...upstairs :)

that's why I like this forum...you're never the only one.....unless you're a Mac lover...lol