Funny things non computer savy friends tell you

Il_napoletano

Sorry for double post, but that one was personal favorite.. I got tons more (I'm one of two tech savvy people... Out of everyone I know :/)

When I taught my mother about bluetooth and how it connects her iPhone to her Macbook.. "But how do I get them apart?"

When I taught my mom to enter a pass"word" on her very first desktop.. She pointed out that "rsvp333 isn't a word"

My buddy buys a GPU, says it has 512MB of VRAM on the box. Mine has 1GB. So he now thinks his is 512 times faster than mine.. I let him, it's funny to me.

Explained to a coworker the idea of CPU cores, and how more is often better. He bought 3 extra CPUs.. I think this one explains itself.

My brother, who I once assumed was intelligent.. Teaching him the components of a PC. He knows the amount of watts the AC outlet actually outputs.. Screams at me not to plug my computer in, because if it only takes 530W it'll blow up when I plug it in.. It can't handle the whatever odd thousand the wall puts out.

My girlfriend sees me playing BF3.. Tries to plug in another mouse to my front panel. Needless to say, I lost the match I was in.

And lastly.. My mother is asking me about my speaker set-up (concealed volume knob velcroed under my desk [nobody turns my music down :P]) and can't figure it out.. So I messed around with her, telling her it was voice activated. Then my gf's 5 year old daughter walks in and turns it all the way down "I'm trying to watch a movie, do you mind?!"... I couldn't stop cracking up.

My girlfriend's daughter's father (baby daddy if you prefer).. Thinks he's king computer..

You know how you do multi monitor set ups, and you can drag a window from one monitor to the next? Well, I have that set up here in our living room, and the tirtiary monitor is the TV itself, halfway across the room.

I showed this dude this setup and he goes "Wow, so if you set another monitor on the chair, you can catch the window in motion right?"

I face-walled IRL.. He seems to think just dropping an unplugged monitor anywhere in between the existing monitors will cause it to work.. Like I have some imaginary line of screen drawn, and I just have to drop the screens in place to make the stuff appear..

How do people even think this sh.t up?

The interesting thing about this has nothing to do with computers...

Your gf's baby daddy hangs out at your place?! :lol:

^:lol:

same as us...me and my dad rewired the ethernet so we can have hardwire in the office...upstairs :)

that's why I like this forum...you're never the only one.....unless you're a Mac lover...lol

They look at my girlfriend's computer and see the Antech Kuhler H20 620. "Wow, you watercool your computer?"

I reply, "No, that's not really watercooling." I point to my systems. "That's watercooling."

Exact same thing. A means to an end but on a larger scale.

That's like saying that building a monster muscle car from the ground up and buying a brand new Corvette off the lot are both "hot-rodding".

Or, more relevant, buying a Dell off of the shelf is the same as building your own. Sure, it's still "computing", but do they have the same performance? Is the latter your own? Nuhuh.

That's like saying that building a monster muscle car from the ground up and buying a brand new Corvette off the lot are both "hot-rodding".

Or, more relevant, buying a Dell off of the shelf is the same as building your own. Sure, it's still "computing", but do they have the same performance? Is the latter your own? Nuhuh.

Or if you're old enough to remember Crocodile Dundee...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLS3RGesIFQ

i didn't even have to watch it to know what clip it is....

that was my favorite part of the movie...:D

Think it's most people's favorite part :) And it sure is the most iconic.

Like some of saw, I had some trouble with my MOBO/CPU. So I wanted to check to see if my CPU was the faulty one. I put it in my friend's pc and boots the pc. He then looks at my dazzled and asks "why is it my login screen, when it's your cpu?" I then explains him that such things are stored on the harddisk and he still looks at my with that confused look and replies "But I thought the entire thing was the harddisk?"