Unigine Heaven 3.0

red1776

Yup. :lol:

BTW - if I turn on the "AMD Optimized" setting I get ~1100 points. It's significant. I'm surprised 3DMark doesn't detect that option though - because I get a decent difference in scores with the option enabled versus disabled.

...Well you might have tipped me off :lol:

I ran my runs 'use application settings'

I would not be adverse to using AMD 'optimized' if it was just more efficient, rather than a shortcut that yields less effect. I'm not sure what it does exactly. I think It takes advantage of instancing, not sure if its a cheat or not.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If you guys have the defaults on in CCC you probably have the "AMD Optimized" tessellation box checked. Makes a huge difference if it's not checked...

I think some of you ought post your CCC settings :P

Well, this got me curious and I went and changed the settings in CCC to Application. This is with my GPUs stock and my 2600K @ 5.1GHz

Tessellation set to "Use application settings" in CCC

heavenccctessalationset.png

Tessellation set to "AMD Optimized" in CCC

heavenccctessalationset.png

Basically the same score either way are my results. So the setting doesn't look to give an advantage in this benchmark. But, I still think that you are getting a low score for a 7970. :dunno:

Thats odd, when Waco changed the settings he got a HUGE difference. Maybe his are react differently to the change...just doesn't seem right though.

I'll try running it again -- double check my settings...

:wacko:

Doesn't show my cpu as oc'd :dunno:

heaven2012030923075654.jpg

Same here, but I think Heaven never was able to accurately detect CPU speeds once overclocked

Looks like I could match your GTX590 SLI :P - Just fine tuning my clocks

Was that stock or overclocked and at what clocks ?