Cable sleeving

Well I officially hate sleeving my own cables. I can never get the pins out, and then when I do I can never get the sleeving to go on the cable.

It took me 5 hours just to do one pin cable. I tried putting the pin back in just to learn that the pic will not fit back into the connector.

So after beating my head against the wall for 1 hour I decided crap**** THIS. I am now looking for some cable extenders that are sleeved already, but I want ones that are black and white alternating. I have found plenty that are red and black, just not white and black.

Anyone know where I can pick some up?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've only ever seen single color extensions, my best guess would be e-mail FrozenCPU or someone similar who does PSU sleeving and see if they will work something out with you. As far as sleeving goes, it took me forever to get the staple trick down (much cheaper than breaking tools!) But once I figured it out it was a snap. My cheat was using pliers to push down the staples, much less bending and much easier to apply the needed force.

There's someone Waco bought from on Ebay in the past that has some pretty awesome sleeving extensions.

I know Waco has gotten red and black alternating as well as some blue and black for me. I'm guessing there is quite the selection of color options.

I know the link has been posted here before but can't dig for it now -- maybe he can post it here for you. :D

FTW PC will sleeve them however you want them.

Perfect. Thanks so much man, you really saved me.

@ Blue Panda: if waco can find those guys, that would be great. Right now it is 200 bucks for Frozen CPU, about 100 for FTW PC, and a pain in the @$$ to do it myself.

If your ebay guy does it cheap then I would be interested :thumbsup:

Perfect. Thanks so much man, you really saved me.

@ Blue Panda: if waco can find those guys, that would be great. Right now it is 200 bucks for Frozen CPU, about 100 for FTW PC, and a pain in the @$$ to do it myself.

If your ebay guy does it cheap then I would be interested :thumbsup:

Here's the guy he bought from: Modpcuk ebay store

I'm not sure what all you need - but no pre-sleeved cable is going to be "cheap". :lol: You might just want to message him to see if he can make what you want - he was pretty accommodating when Waco dealt with him. He combined shipping and was pretty easy to deal with. The quality of the cables themselves is flawless and they are very beefy in terms of conductors.

Great, well now I am going to have to hold off on that because as of 5 minutes ago my PC screen went from bioshock 2 to a black screen saying windows is not genuine. :wallbash:

So now instead of cable sleeving and making my PC look pretty, I get to spend my time dealing with microsoft................................yay. :yucky:

Great, well now I am going to have to hold off on that because as of 5 minutes ago my PC screen went from bioshock 2 to a black screen saying windows is not genuine. :wallbash:

So now instead of cable sleeving and making my PC look pretty, I get to spend my time dealing with microsoft................................yay. :yucky:

Oh come on -- it's a dumb pone call talking to a stupid computer voice that can't read you your with an even spacing...long pause, short pause, haha.

I do this almost on a monthly basis anymore -- haha :cheers: