I started my own computer hardware upgrade blog!

El_Capitan

Thanks fellas.

Nyt life... lol. You'll need more than a book, maybe a 7-book series... you're not even 18, yet, and you've got a faster system than I do. :P

Everyone seems to use WordPress, so I decided to use Google's Blogspot (which I believe they bought) just to see how it goes. Even the beginner's guide hopefully is a good re-hash for some experienced builders that maybe haven't looked at their system as a whole (most don't think about moving towards an SSD over a HDD RAID 0 set-up).

If things go well, I'll try to get some company sponsored reviews and have some giveaways. Most of the future plans will be geared towards whether an upgrade is justified, and how to save money on upgrades. Eventually when I run out of those types of posts, I'll probably expand to other areas, just haven't thought that far, yet.

In this paragraph:

I increased my voltage from 1.17V's to 1.3V's and increased my Core Clock to 1300MHz. It passed with flying colors. I knew this was close to the norm, so I just increase it by 10MHz. It passed some benchmarks at 1315MHz and at 1305MHz, but I did notice some tearing and scoring discrepancies. I tested one final time at 1295MHz, and it scored lower than at 1300MHz. I had a good feeling it was my maximum stable overclock at 26.91.3V's. Out of curiosity, I decide to decrease the voltage from 1.3V's to 1.29V's to see if I could keep that stable overclock with lower voltages, but that caused tearing issues. The same at 1.295V's.

you seem to have added numbers to the 2nd use of 1.3v

Other than that it looks good. Keep up the posts and I hope to read more in the future :thumbsup:

In this paragraph:

you seem to have added numbers to the 2nd use of 1.3v

Other than that it looks good. Keep up the posts and I hope to read more in the future :thumbsup:

I knew I had put random numbers somewhere. :)

Thanks! :cheers:

I want to see pictures of the machines :P

Hah. They're not the prettiest of machines. I take them apart so often, things aren't always in the most optimal spot. However, you'll never see as many Noctua NF-P12 fans from anyone. I think I have over 40 of them. Having so many systems in one room, everything being quiet is a blessing and well worth the price.

Hah. They're not the prettiest of machines. I take them apart so often, things aren't always in the most optimal spot. However, you'll never see as many Noctua NF-P12 fans from anyone. I think I have over 40 of them. Having so many systems in one room, everything being quiet is a blessing and well worth the price.

Make one all nice and neat, and post a pic of that. Then explain why the rest are messy :lol: